About the Organizer
The Centre for Yogic Science, Jiwaji University, Gwalior came into existence in 2001 under self-financing scheme (SFS) to start various courses on Yoga education. Since then the center is running postgraduate diploma in yoga therapy (PGDYT). In the session 2017-18, the center has started an M.A.course in Yoga (two years/four semesters) and Post Graduate Diploma in Yoga (one year/two semesters) under CBCS system.
Yoga being a system to link the man with the master has been practiced in India for thousands of years to overcome physical, mental and emotional distress. Even then it has not been recognized as a regular system of education in the Universities/ Institutions.
In the changed scenario of the world in health management and the new initiatives taken by Prime Minister, Govt. of India for declaring International Yoga Day on 21st June, yoga has been observed playing a vital role in physical health and stress management.
Therefore, an innovative programme in this re-emerging area as Master of Arts in Yoga has been started to promote a proper healthy development of this ancient Indian wisdom as a tribute to our cultural heritage. This gives an opportunity to study the various dimension of yoga in a scientific spirit which will generate and channelize potential manpower for teaching, R & D, and entrepreneurship.
The objective of the Conference
- To discuss ancient trends of a different dimension of yoga leading to health and wellness.
- To discuss the current perspectives of different yogic activities. To view the present scenario of human consciousness and yoga.
- To discuss innovative yogic aspects and reorienting existing yogic aspect for research & development.
- To discuss relevance and utility of yoga education in the present scenario.
- To provide a platform to experts and academicians from different University/Institution for presenting their innovative and constructive ideas.
- To provide a leading forum for debate on important issues related to development for society with an approach to develop underprivileged communities and youth empowerment.
- To generate research and disseminate knowledge about sustainable development in health sciences through yoga.
- To establish an information exchange platform for research & development and teaching in yoga.
- Hatha Yoga
- Yoga Philosophy
- Therapeutic Yoga
- Yoga and Education
- Yoga and Health
- Applied Yoga
- Diet and Nutrition
- Human Anatomy and Physiology
- General Psychology
- Naturopathy and Ayurveda
- Yoga and Personality Development
- Yoga and Stress Management
Call for Abstract
Original research papers are invited from the participants for oral/poster presentation. The delegate is required to submit the abstract to the email: firstname.lastname@example.org. One page abstract (not more than 250 words) typed in Times New Roman Font (12 sizes) with single spacing between the lines should be submitted before the deadline.
- Submission of abstract/paper by e-mail: December 31, 2018
- Intimation of acceptance of paper: January 05, 2019
- Submission of the registration form: January 10, 2019
The soft copy of the paper in Times New Roman, 12 points with the title in 14 points, font and the bold format is to be submitted to the Convener.
- Students: Rs. 1000/-
- Academic person: Rs. 2000/-
- Delegates from Industry: Rs. 3000/-
Accommodation: Accommodation will be provided to participants on request in University guest house/hostels. A request may be forwarded to the Convener latest by January 10, 2019.
Venue: Galav Auditorium, Jiwaji University, Gwalior (M.P.)-474011.
Prof. Sushil Kumar Gupta (Convener & Coordinator) Centre for Yogic Science
Jiwaji University, Gwalior – 474011 (M.P.) Contact No: 0751-2442764, 2442875(O)
Mob. : 9406587806
Dr. K. S. Gurjar (Co-Convener & HOD) School of Studies in Physical Education Jiwaji University, Gwalior – 474011 (M.P.) Contact No: 0751-2442871, 2442872 (O)
Mob. : 9425117433
For official notification, click here.