About the conference:
The Sustainable Water Future Programme (Water Future) of Future Earth is organizing the first international conference of Water Future titled ‘Towards a Sustainable Water Future’ in Bengaluru, India. The conference will be hosted by Divecha Centre for Climate Change, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru.
The conference will address the current state of global water resource challenges, future pathways and scenarios, and different technological, institutional solutions to accelerate the implementation of water-related Sustainable Development Goals and the 2030 Agenda targets with an aim of ‘leaving no one behind’.
Around 1200 participants all across the globe are expected to attend the conference thus giving a major opportunity for academics, water practitioners, policymakers, scientists, civil society and government officials to discuss the direction that the global science community should take in order to solve myriad of challenges affecting our water systems in real time, and develop new frontiers for innovative solutions.
The conference will be a forerunner to a high-level political event called the Budapest Water Summit scheduled a month after this conference. The outcome of the conference is expected to be a valuable input to this summit in Budapest.
- Measure Sustainability in Water Space.
- Water Ethics.
- Water Quality.
- Groundwater Future that we want.
- DG implementation.
- Water Security Development-Leaving no one behind.
- Ecological Management of Water.
- Resilience in the urban water system.
- Water and Climate Change.
- Water Energy Food Nexus.
Who can Participate?
The Sustainable Water Future Programme (Water Future) of Future Earth invites academics, researchers, scientists, practitioners, and policymakers from around the globe to submit abstracts for presentation at our Water Future Conference to be held in Bangalore, India.
- All abstract should be submitted online here.
- Abstracts should be submitted under one of the broad themes relevant to a topic or sub-topic mentioned under it.
- The authors need to mention the names and affiliation(s) of all co-author(s) along with a short summary and answer all 5 questions clearly highlighting the novelty or innovation of the research and its application/applicability.
- Both original and published research will be accepted for presentation at the conference.
- Authors can submit a maximum of 2 abstracts as first-author.