Department of Studies and Research in Library and Information Science, Tumkur University, Tumakuru, Karnataka, India in association with Karnataka State College Librarians Association (KSCLA) and Alumni Association of Library and Information Science, Tumkur University (AALISTU) is organizing a national conference on Library in the Life of the User from March 1-2, 2019 at Sir M Visvesvaraya Auditorium, Tumkur University, Tumakuru.
- LIS Education, Research and Training: LIS Curriculum: Experience and Expectations, Innovative technologies for teaching, Research Trends in LIS, MOOCs and Role of Libraries, Role of associations in the development of LIS, Future Prospects of Library Science.
- Trends and Technologies in Libraries: Cloud Computing and Linked Data, Trends in Digitization, Data Curation and Archiving, Mobile Applications for Libraries, Information & Data Analysis Tools and Technologies, Library automation, Library Security, Library as a social space, Taking libraries to the users, Green Libraries.
- Information Storage and Retrieval Systems: Digital Libraries, Metadata Interoperability and Standards, Digital Conservation and Preservation, Big Data and Data Mining, Semantic Web, Development in Open Source Technologies, Internet: Affordability and Access.
- Knowledge Organization & Management: Knowledge Commons and Research Commons, Organization of e-resources, Research Data Management, Digital information seeking behavior.
- Management of Library and Information Centers: Best practices in Library & Information Science, Outreach Services, Transition from print to electronic, Information literacy and lifelong learning, Free and Open source software, User Relationship Management, Social Networking sites and their applications in Libraries.
- IPR: Role of Libraries: Plagiarism: Issues and Challenges, Digital Rights Management, Ethics in Publishing.
- Metric Studies: Bibliometrics, Scientometrics, Webometrics, Altmetrics, Infographics.
Note: Papers may also be contributed to any topic related to the main theme.
• All papers will go through plagiarism detection for the originality of the content.
• Select Papers will be published in the form of Conference Proceedings with ISBN.
• Papers of registered delegates only will be considered for inclusion in the Proceedings.
• Distinguished Papers will be published in a reputed journal.
• All authors of accepted papers are requested to submit an author declaration form.
• Papers may be sent to email@example.com on or before Jan 15, 2018.
• The first/corresponding author will be communicated regarding the status of the paper submitted.
- Working Professionals: Rs. 1500
- Research Scholars (without conference kit): Rs.1000
- Students (without conference kit & proceedings): Rs.500
Note: Delegates have to make their own arrangement for accommodation. A good number of hotels are available in Tumakuru. Registration fee includes conference Kit, Proceedings, food & refreshments.
DD should be drawn in favor of Organizing Secretary, National Conference, DOSR in Library and Information Science, Tumkur University, Tumakuru, Payable at Tumakuru.
Dr. B. T. Sampathk Kumar,
Professor, Department of Studies and Research in Library and Information Science,
Tumkur University, Tumakuru-572103, Karnataka INDIA
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
Phone: +91-94483 20187
For official notification, click here.