The objective of the conference
International Conference On “Language and Literature: Transgressing Boundaries will bring together leading interdisciplinary academicians, educators, researchers and scholars in the domain of interest from around the world.
The deliberations of the conference will be useful for sharpening the research tools and strategies by the teachers and research scholars. The conference will discuss multiculturalism focusing on the ideological issues of caste, gender, religion, and the social movements affecting the new literature written in different cultures and regions with a view to bringing out the multicultural diversity of the globe.
It is hoped that the conference will investigate this dynamic subject from the perspectives of literature and language, as well as related disciplines in the humanities and beyond, the conference will enlighten the delegates and scholars about the nature of the Transgressing Boundaries the ideological and cultural deep structures lying behind them, and the way the multiculturalism of the writers has questioned the established beliefs and systems to uphold humanism based on the values of liberty, equality, and fraternity.
The aim of this International Conference is to encourage academics, scholars, and practitioners representing an exciting diversity of countries, cultures, and languages to meet and exchange views in a forum encouraging respectful dialogue.
- Traversing the Boundaries of Nations, Cultures, Ages, and Schools of thought in Literature
- Crossing Borders in Gender and Sexuality
- Gender, Language and Ecology
- Ecocritical Language and its Literary Adaptation
- Migration and Diaspora
- Deconstructing Binaries in Linguistic, Literary, and Cultural Studies
- National Identities; Sub Nationalism and Marginalization
- Reaching beyond the Readers- Theatrical and Cinematic adaptation of Literature
- Bridging the Gaps between Languages in Literature in Translation
- Language, Literature, and Ideologies
- Black Literature and the broken Colonial Boundaries
- Boundaries between Psychiatry
- Literature and Psychology: Intersection and Boundaries
- Applied Literature and the Language of the Field
- Media, Language, and Literature
- Media: Transgressing Boundaries impacting Language
Note: Research papers are invited on the theme/ sub-themes mentioned. Papers, not covered under the sub-themes, but relevant to the main theme, may also be sent. Abstracts of the papers, in about 300 words.
Format for Submission
The paper must be between 4000 – 5000 words. It should be typed in normal 10 points, Times New Roman. The formatting specifications are: double space with margin-top: 1 inch; bottom: 1-inch; left: 1.25 inches; and right: 1.25 inches. The authors’ names and addresses should be written at the center below the title. All paragraphs must be indented and justified. References should be in APA format.
Note: If there is more than one author of a paper, individual registration will have to be done for all members of the team
Name, institutional affiliation, e-mail, standard mailing address and phone/cell number should be mentioned in the submissions
Selected papers will be published in SCOPUS Indexed Journal/ UGC Approved Journal.
(The papers will not be published in the form of Conference proceedings instead, as an edited book or special issue of the particular journal)
- Abstract Submission: November 25, 2018
- Abstract Acceptance: Notification: December 05 2018
- Full Paper Submission: January 01, 2019 (For Presentation)
- Final Paper Submission: February 15, 2019 (For post-conference publication)
- Academicians & Industry Professionals: Rs.1500
- Research Scholars: Rs. 1000
- FSLE-India Life Members: Rs. 1000
- Participation Fees: Rs. 500
Note: Registration fee will be paid online only you can’t pay the fee through Cheque or DD.
On-site registration can also be done by depositing Cash at the registration counter.
Register by through this link.
BADKAL MOR is the nearest metro station that can be easily approached by the people traveling from Delhi, Gurugram, Noida, Ballabgarh etc. After reaching the Badkal Mor Metro Station, you can use the public transport (easily available) to reach Manav Rachna University.
Rishikesh Kumar Singh
Dr. Shivani Vashist
HOD English Department
For more details and official notification, visit here.