The Land and Poverty conference 2020 presents the latest research and innovations in policies and good practice on land governance around the world. This conference has become one of the largest international events on land governance, attracting over 1,400 participants from governments, academics, civil society, and the private sector.
This year’s conference theme will be: Institutions for Equity & Resilience.
- Academic economic research quantitative impact evaluations
- Data driven land policy; innovations in use geospatial/ML/AI data
- Land policy reform & structural transformation; political economy
- Land (rental) markets
- Land tenure security and gender, youth, indigenous peoples; marginalization
- Tenure rights and resilience; climate change; natural resource management
- Large-scale land acquisition; State land management
- Land for urban expansion and affordable housing; land acquisition
- Property tax and land value capture
- Digital Development and Land information and administration; Data protection; Data ownership
- Regulatory reforms, Institutional innovation, sustainability; financing improvements
- Global policies and agreements; mobilizing for land transparency
How to Register
To register for the conference, click here.
- Early Bird: 250 USD, October 1–December 13, 2019
- Regular: 400 USD, December 14, 2019–January 31, 2020
- Late: 500 USD, February 1–February 29, 2020
- Very Late & onsite: 1000 USD, March 1, 2020–start conference
- Full-time Students
- Reduced Fee for full-time PhD students registered at universities: 100 USD From October 1–December 13, 2019 only; immediate payment required
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org (i) ConfTool User ID; (ii) Full Name of the participant and (iii) valid University ID with proof of full-time registration as PhD student
The registration fee includes Access to conference events including Pre-conference workshop and opening, All conference sessions, Learning Day: Masterclasses. It also includes Coffee breaks and lunches and Conference reception.
March 16-20, 2020