Southfield College, Darjeeling is conducting an International Conference on Differences, Togetherness & Politics on Sep 18-20, 2020.
The present seminar aims at revisiting Kazi Nazrul Islam to understand the following issues in a better way:
- What, according to Nazrul and his works, has been the essence of the civilizational domain that we call South Asia?
- Accepting the markers of what makes one a Bengalee or a Bangladeshi, shouldn’t one need to move beyond them towards a broader cultural orientation of inclusiveness in order not to contradict with the spirit of Nazrul’s multi-cultural nationalism.
- What are the various social bi/multi-orientationality that one can learn from Nazrul in course of one’s politics of intimate belonging towards togetherness?
- How has Nazrul agreed to or differed from the other South Asian thinkers of intimate consciousness through cross cultural recognitions and responsiveness?
- How and why is there an urgent need for the contemporary South Asians to revisit Nazrul in orientating the self about engaging with the people of differences?
Call for Papers
Papers are invited for presentation, related to any of the following sub-themes:
- Differences and Exchanges: Nazrul and His Works
- Togetherness in a multination: Lessons from Nazrul
- Politics of Belonging with Others: Insights from Nazrul
- Nationalities, Identities and Beyond: Nazrul in a Comparative Lens with South Asian Thinkers
- Relevance of Nazrul in Contemporary South Asia
Southfield College, Darjeeling, West Bengal, India
A limited number of presenters will be invited to participate in the international conference. The participants interested in presenting paper are requested to mail an abstract of the proposed paper (within 500 words), along with five keywords and a brief bio-note (within 250 words) to Srikanta Roy Chowdhury (e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org; WhatsApp: +91 9832481951).
Last date for submitting abstracts: May 24, 2020 till 12:00 midnight.
Date of confirming the acceptance to the selected participants: May 30, 2020.
The participants invited for the conference should mail the first draft of their complete paper in English, unpublished and with proper citations (as per the style sheet to be provided along with the letter of acceptance) by August 30, 2020.
The organizers can reimburse the travelling expenses (if required) and will be happy to provide hospitality from September 15 afternoon to September 19 forenoon, 2020. Terms and conditions will be intimated along with the letter of acceptance.
Dr. Srikanta Roy Chowdhury, E-mail: email@example.com; WhatsApp: +91 9832481951.
Click here for the official notification.