The Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR), Mumbai, invites submissions of research papers for its 18th Annual Conference on Macroeconomics and Finance to be held on December 16 and 17, 2019.
Papers are invited on all theoretical and empirical aspects of macroeconomics and financial economics.
About the Institute:
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute established and fully funded by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view. It launched a Ph.D. program in the field of development studies in 1990.
The objective of the Ph.D. programme is to produce researchers with diverse disciplinary backgrounds who can address issues of economics, energy and environment policies. In 1995, the institute initiated the M. Phil programme. The M.Sc. programme commenced in 2003 to introduce students to the world of research at an earlier stage.
- Corporate, household and government debt.
- Issues related to financial sector stability.
- Spillovers of global macroeconomic shocks.
- Monetary policy and related issues.
- Fiscal policy and sub-national finances.
- Complete, unpublished papers should be submitted online in Adobe PDF format after logging in here.
- The last date for submission is July 1.
- The authors will be informed of acceptance by August 15, 2019.
- Authors of accepted papers may be requested to act as discussants for other papers.
The conference will include a half-day workshop on Bayesian Vector Autoregressions. These models are the workhorses of modern empirical macroeconomics and finance.
The training will aim at ‘how to do’ aspects of Bayesian Vector Autoregressions modeling for research students and faculty.
December 16-17, 2019.
- The registration fee for the conference and workshop is Rs. 3000.
- The fee covers breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
- The fee is waived for all paper presenters.
Participants for the conference are encouraged to register here.
Travel and Accommodation:
- Economy class airfare by the shortest distance will be reimbursed to presenters from academic institutions within India.
- Limited funds may be available for foreign travel.
- The Institute will provide accommodation and local hospitality.
Ms. Sayli Charatkar, [firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com].