About the Organiser
KL University, officially KL Deemed to be University, formerly KL College of Engineering and Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation, is an higher educational institution Deemed to be University, located in the Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh, India.
About the Conference
The Two Day National Conference on Indispositions Among Adolescents: Overcoming Challenges Through Interventions is organised by K L University, Guntur from March 27-28, 2020.
Adolescence is a crucial period for an individual’s life. Approximately one-fourth of the Indian population fall between the ages 10 and 19. Due to rapid changes in the aspects like physical, psychological and behavioural development, they are considered as the most influential and vulnerable population that need immediate care and help.
The Adolescents’ suicidal death rate is the highest among all the deaths registered in police stations. It is imperative to provide psychoeducation in maintaining social integrity which is helpful to recoup their mental health. This conference is targeted towards investigating the facts related to adolescent’s development and lifestyle changes at recent times. This encourages solution-based interventions to support adolescents for their full-fledged growth and development.
The objectives of the two-day national conference are:
- To bridge the existing gaps in finding factors that are contributing to academic success or failure.
- To find any unknown factors and their impact in affecting the psychological health of the adolescents
- To help the adolescents in overcoming their challenges.
- To find individual differences in adopting coping strategies to face real life challenges.
- To know the effectiveness of the interventions in mitigating adolescent problems.
- Impact of Personality on Academic procrastination or academic success.
- Individual differences and cultural differences among adolescents.
- Psychological factors and/or social factors with respect to adolescents’ development.
- Current approaches to overcome the challenges of adolescents.
- Any intervention-based approach focusing to regain psychological health.
- Problems in adjustments (with family, friends and society).
- Peer pressure.
- Exposure to intimidation, humiliation, threatening and stressful situations.
- Any topic related to adolescents is accepted.
- The abstract and full-length article should not be more than 250 words and 2500 words respectively. The last date for sending the abstract is 5th March 2020. The abstract must include complete author details.
- Full-length paper or a poster of approved abstracts should be sent in MS Word format by email to klvec.iaoci2020[at]gmail.com on or before 15th March, 2020.
|Category||Early Bird Registration Before 29-02-2020||Late Registration After 29-02-2020|
|Students||Rs. 750||Rs. 1000|
|Research Scholars||Rs. 1000||Rs. 1500|
|Faculty||Rs. 1500||Rs. 2000|
|Spot Registration Fee||Rs. 2500||—|
Registration form is given here. The duly filled form in all respects along with the prescribed fee needs to be sent by email: klvec.iaoci2020[at]gmail.com.
Convenor: Mrs P. Pallavi, Asst. Professor