The Department of Design, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Delhi is organizing ComIN 20- International Conference on Indian Comics from December 5 to 6, 2020.
ComIN stands for Comics in India. As the name suggests, the discussions under this will be largely surrounded by primarily two themes: Comics+India. The need for such a space has been felt for a long time. A space that provides the scope of dialogues to researchers, practitioners, publishers, and fans of the medium.
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (abbreviated IIT Delhi or IITD) is a public technical and research university located in Hauz Khas, Delhi. It is one of the 7 old IITs in India.
Proposals might address (but not limited to) the following ideas:
- Defining Indian comics and its evolution
- Indian comics and its academic scholarship
- Publishing models of Indian comics
- Indian comics in uncertain times (like COVID)
- The relationship dynamics between Indian creators-readers-publishers
- The formal aspects and stylistics of Indian comics
- Modern forms of Indian comics
- Indian comics Vs. Global comics
- Research in Indian comics
- Future possibilities for Indian comics
Call for Papers
Prospective authors are requested to send their extended abstracts of up to 2000 words count. If accepted, send your Full papers written within 3000-5000 words count excluding references/bibliography. The papers should follow the template guidelines of the conference. The full papers will be published in a conference proceeding (with ISBN). All papers should be written in English for a wider reach of the conference. Each paper should not exceed 10 pages following the template.
To submit your papers online, click here.
- Extended Abstract submission: 30-Sep-2020
- Notice of acceptance: 15-Oct-2020
- Full paper submission: 15-Nov-2020
- Last Date of Conference registration: 20-Nov-2020
- Workshop registration: Upto 20-Nov-2020
- Conference dates: 5-6 December-2020
For full notification, click the link below.