The India-Arab Cultural Centre, Jamia Millia Islamia (a Central University), proposes to organize a two-day national conference on India, China, and the Arab World: Exploring New Dimensions on 25-26 March 2019, at Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi India.
About the Conference:
India has enjoyed close historical and cultural ties with the Arab world since ancient times. In modern times India developed strategic, political and economic relations with various Arab countries. Close cultural ties of the past provide a sound basis for building multifaceted ties between the two regions in contemporary times.
The Sino-Arab ties can be defined as ‘comprehensive cooperative relations’ and ‘strategic partnership’. It means a long term well-planned relationship to achieve certain objectives. Apart from the global economic relations between China and the leading world economies, the Chinese government has developed closer political links with the countries of the Arab World leading to the favorable political conditions in the development of the Sino-Arab economic and trade relations.
With a huge population, big market, and high rates of growth India and China are very important in the contemporary international economic, political and security scenario. The two countries also are ancient civilizations. The two countries have a history of cultural exchange for more than 2000 years. Industrialization and improved trade and investment opened their economies and today both are heading towards speedy economic development though at different speed and trajectories.
In this backdrop, to discuss this important subject, the conference will bring together distinguished scholars from the different part of India to deliberate on different aspects of this dynamic subject.
Papers are invited from social scientists drawn from different disciplines such as International Relations, history, sociology, political science, anthropology etc.
- History of Indo-Arab and Sino-Arab relations.
- Shared cultural and religious traditions.
- India, China, and the Arab world in contemporary times.
- Strategic Partnerships between India, China, and Arab countries.
- Regional Dimensions of the trilateral Relationship.
- Economic Partnership: Trade, Commerce and Energy tiesGlobalization and Connectivity and Diaspora.
- Indian and Chinese Soft Power (Indian Cinema etc.) in the Arab world.
- India, China, and the Arab World: divergence and convergence.
Send the title of the paper along with a 200-word abstract to conference.iacc[at]gmail.com or nrkhan[at]jmi.ac.in.
- Last date for sending abstracts: 10 March 2019.
- Abstract confirmation: 15 March 2019.
- Last date for submission of full paper: 20 March 2019.