The Department of Education, University of Delhi, Delhi, India is organising an International Conference on Higher Education in South Asia: Challenges and Possibilities from December 2-5, 2019.
The higher education system in South Asia has grown in a remarkable way in recent times. However, the system has many issues of concern at present, like financing and management including access, equity and relevance, reorientation of programmes by laying emphasis on health consciousness, values and ethics and quality of higher education together with the assessment of institutions and their accreditation.
These issues are important for South Asian countries, as they are now engaged in the use of higher education as a powerful tool to build a knowledge-based information society of the 21st Century. This conference will present a mix of the latest issues; it will further facilitate the process of understanding the challenges of higher education in South Asian countries as well as will try to explore the possibilities for development.
- Quality in Higher Education in South Asian Countries
- Equity in Higher Education in Terms of Marginalized Communities in South Asian Countries
- Gender Issues in Higher Education with Specific Reference to South Asian Countries
- Promoting Excellence through ICT in Higher Education: Examples from Neighboring Countries
- Research and Innovations in Higher Education: Case Studies of South Asian Countries
- Comparative study in Higher education: Focus on South Asian Perspective
- Public/Private Partnership in Higher Education in South Asian Countries
- Access and Equity in Higher Education in South Asian Countries
- Policy Planning and Governance of Higher Education in South Asian Countries
- Evaluation and Assessment Systems in Higher Education in South Asian Countries
- Reorientation of Higher Education (Physical Fitness/Health Consciousness/Yoga Studies, Promotion of Value Education and Ethics etc.)
- Assessment and Accreditation in South Asian Countries
- Cross Cultural Experiences in University of South Asia
- Students’ Movement in South Asian Countries
Last Date for Abstract Submission: September 30, 2019
Abstract Acceptance Notification: October 15, 2019
Final Paper Submission Deadline: November 1, 2019
Dr. D. Parimala
Department of Education
University of Delhi