The Finance Research Group at the Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is inviting papers to be submitted for the workshop on Firm Finance Research.
In past workshops, the audience for these events has comprised of academics, participants from the legal and financial industry, as well as policy makers from government and regulators.
The research focus is on:
- What are the financing constraints for emerging market firms? What are the bottlenecks for different projects to access finance? How does the cost of capital vary with the nature of the project, and with the issuer?
- What shapes the emergence of high productivity firms?
- What is the role of family vs. dispersed shareholding in influencing the productivity and governance of firms?
- What does competition do to firm productivity? What parts of the economy are competitive and what parts of the economy are relatively closed to competition? Do competitive pressures force low productivity firms out or do low productivity firms learn better techniques?
- What happens to competition when some firms break laws?
- What does internationalisation do to the financing structure of firms? What is the co-evolution of firm productivity and firm internationalisation?
- What is the co-evolution of firm productivity with sophistication in firm financing? What is the role of engagement by firms with financial markets and institutional investors?
- What is the role of financial intermediaries in overcoming financing constraints?
- The role and importance of law, regulations and enforcement mechanisms to ensure access to finance for firms.
- What are the useful interventions through which the State can address the market failure of market power?
- Paper submission deadline: 20th May 2017.
- Notification of acceptance: 27th May 2017.
- Date of the workshop: 24th June 2017.
Accommodation at the conference venue for 2 nights (23rd and 24th June, 2017) will be provided for speakers at the workshop.
Submissions must be sent as PDF files, to Jyoti Manke at email@example.com. For any clarifications, please contact Jyoti at +91-22-28416592 (office) or +91-98205-20180 (cellphone).
The official notification for the workshop is here.