CfP: Conference on Emerging Technologies in Urban Water Management @ IIT Roorkee [Dec 22-23]: Submit by Sept 14
The APHW 2019 conference brings together internationally recognized experts in the field of water resources management, disaster analysis and technology development to address disaster risk reduction.
The conference champions the APHW global vision of being “among the global leaders that provide engineering and technological solutions toward establishing integrated methodologies for disaster prevention on the basis of natural and social sciences, and educating students in related fields”.
Development leads to urbanisation, which is a process of change from rural to urban way of life over space and time, based on naturally evolved or acquired specialization. From a meagre 3 percent in 1800, the world’s population residing in urban areas increased to 30 percent by 1950s. In 2008, for the first time, the world’s population was evenly split between urban and rural areas.
As of 2016, the figure has reached 54.5 percent, which is projected to be 66 percent by 2050. In many cases, the ‘process of urbanisation’ has taken its toll on natural resources coupled with unscientific planning and development activities.
- Sustainable water management in cities.
- Water related disaster
- Impact of hydrological changes on water resources
- Water resource challenges and adaptation
- Drought mitigation programs
- Urban water issue due to extreme weather
- Traditional water management
- Eco-system based flood management
- Hydological monitoring and modelling
- To submit your abstracts online, click here.
- It should be an original and unpublished research work.
- One author can submit a maximum of two research papers.
- ll research papers will be blind reviewed by an external panel of eminent experts.
- APA style of referencing should be used
- One of the authors must pre-register for the conference within one week after acceptance of the paper to ensure the inclusion of the paper in the conference program.
- Only paper presented will be published.
- Similarity/plagiarism should be below 15%
Phone Number: +91-01332-285401
Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further details, click here.
About the Author
When I die, bury me with all my tatts on. When I die, bury me without the lights on.