About the Organiser
Visva-Bharati University is a public central university located in Santiniketan, West Bengal, India. It was founded by Rabindranath Tagore who called it Visva-Bharati, which means the communion of the world with India. Until independence, it was a college.
About the Programme
ECON-VISVA 2020 is a unique opportunity for the post-graduate students of Economics from all over India to showcase their talents. The summit is funded under the UGC-SAP, DRS – II scheme of Department of Economics & Politics, Visva-Bharati and will be held on March 17, 2020. We invite papers under specified themes (mentioned below). Selected papers will be presented in a day-long conference at the department.
- Growth vs. Development in India
- Environment, Agriculture & Industry
- Quality & quantity of Employment: The Formal vis-à-vis Informal sector
- Governance &Public Policies in India (e.g., Health/ Education/ Gender Parity).
- Size of the paper should not exceed 4000 words
- Best paper awards: There is an award for the best paper on each theme.
- Award selection criterion: 40% on the write-up and 60% on presentation.
Papers should be submitted only by email to amitkbiswas[at]yahoo.com and priyabratadutta[at]gmail.com with a copy to vbecon.sap[at]gmail.com
There is no registration fee. Travel cost by the cheapest route from student’s location to Santiniketan and necessary hospitality will be borne by the department.
- Last date of submission: February 11, 2020
- Intimation to the selected students: February 18, 2020
Programme Coordinators: Dr Amit K. Biswas, Dr Priya Brata Dutta
Phone: +918017883923/ 9830465178