Lake 2018 will be the 11th Biennial Lake Conference focusing on “Conservation and Sustainable Management of Riverine Ecosystems” will be held at foothills of Western Ghats. The theme of World Wetlands day 2018 is Wetlands for Sustainable Future to demonstrate the vital role of wetlands for the future of humanity and specifically their relevance towards achieving the new Sustainable Development Goals.
Lake 2018 conference provides a unique opportunity to increase understanding of the role of lentic and lotic ecosystems in sustaining the food, water and human livelihood with the challenges faced by these fragile ecosystems.
Call for Papers
Papers are invited on the following themes from researchers, planners, development managers, economists and social scientists, school (VIII – XII students) and college students, school and college teachers.
Topics for Paper Presentation/ Poster in Lake 2018:
- Wetlands for sustainable future;
- Aquatic Ecosystems – Food and water security, people’s livelihood;
- Climate Change and Western Ghats: Water sustenance;
- Biodiversity, hydrology & Ecology of Western Ghats;
- Wetlands and swamps: Restoration, Conservation and Management;
- Aquatic and Terrestrial Ecosystems: Linkages
- Land use, Land cover dynamics in Western Ghats
- Carrying capacity of river basins in Western Ghats;
- Valuation of Ecosystem Goods and services;
- Sacred Groves (kans, devarakadu) and Myristica Swamps;
For the complete list of topics, visit here.
- The paper title, name(s) of author(s), affiliation and address, center justified, should be typed in a space of 50 mm from the top margin on the first page. The paper should begin with a synopsis of not more than 200 words describing the aim(s) of the work, methods, results obtained and conclusions.
- Type the headings, subheadings and paragraphs aligned with the left-hand margin.
For a template, click here.
The registration fees are given below:
- Delegates: Rs. 3,000
- Accompanying person: Rs. 1,500
- Research Scholars and University faculty: Rs. 3,000
- Masters students: Rs. 1,500
- UG students: Rs. 750
- Representatives from NGO: Rs. 5,000
- Industry: Rs. 15,000
- Govt Agency: Rs. 5,000
- School and PU College students: None
- Registration: Sept 15
- Submission of Full Paper/ Poster: Sept 15
- Final submission of the Revised Manuscript: Oct 15
- Notification of Acceptance of Papers: Nov 24
For any queries, contact
Indian Institute of Science,
Phone: 91-080-22933099/2293 3503 (extn. 101/107)
E mail: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org