CfP: Conference on Changing Dimensions of IPR at Asian Law College, Noida [Jan 4, 2020]: Submit by Dec 10
About the Organiser
Asian Law College established under Asian Education group offers B.A.LL.B 5 years & LLB, 3 years programme, affiliated to Chaudhary Charan Singh University (CCS) Meerut and is approved by Bar Council of India (BCI).
About the Conference
IPR and their protection have gained significant momentum in today’s world. There is a sea change in times since the Act VI of 1856 on the protection of inventions. The Copyright Act, 1957 (as amended by the Copyright Amendment Act 2012) which governs the subject of copyright law in India has been amended six times since 1957 to cater to development in science and technology and protect the authors work. Here, it is worthwhile to read about the Design Act and Copyright Controversy. In this digital age the following doctrines are being developed through the judicial pronouncements: moral rights, neighboring rights and special rights of the author. Further, with the growth of the internet, the challenges relating to music piracy and plagiarism have increased multifold times and have had their adverse effect on the Indian economy.
Though we recognize and respect IPR, somehow, the protection offered has always been incomplete and debatable. The dynamism in the world brought by science, technology, trade, and economic development have posed unprecedented challenges for the effectiveness of IPR protection regime in India.
The National Conference on Changing Dimensions of IPR is organised by Research and Development Cell (R&D) of Asian Law College (ALC), Noida on Jan 4, 2020. This conference aims at an introspect into these issues and challenges and looks forward to unraveling the solutions.
Call for Papers
We cordially invite the academicians, researchers and students to submit their research papers on the subthemes of the National Conference (Sub themes as mentioned below are illustrative and not exhaustive). Distinguish scholars, faculties and students are requested to participate in the conference and have dialogic engagement with the speakers invited for the conference.
The sub-themes for the conference are:
- Genesis of changing dimensions of IPR
- Issues and Challenges in filing application for Copyright, Trademark, Patent.
- Geographical indications.
- Biodiversity and protection of biotechnological innovations under the new patent regime
- Copyright in Digital era
- Overlapping of Design Act 2000 and Copyright (Amendment) Act 2012.
- Problems of plagiarism in educational institutions
- Protection of domain names in India
- Farmer’s rights.
- Biopiracy and rights of indigenous people
- Sui generic systems.
Your Abstract should not exceed 300 words and must be accompanied by a cover page stating the following:
- Sub Theme
- Title of the Abstract
- Name of the author(s) with Official Designation/Institution Details
- E-mail address
- Postal address and Contact Number
The subject line of your message should read abstract submission for National Conference on CHANGING DIMENSIONS OF IPR. Submit the abstract and complete research paper to rdc[at]alc.edu.in with Subject line “Research Paper”.
- Students: Rs. 1000/-
- Research Scholars: Rs. 1500/-
- Faculties/Lawyers/Professionals: Rs. 2000/-
The registration form is available here and Submission of Registration fees and Transaction details to be sent on rdc[at]alc.edu.in by 28th December 2019
Payment can be made through online internet banking only.
Bank Name: – Central Bank of India
Name: – Asian Law College
A/c No. 3541897069
IFSC Code: – CBIN0283172
Add. RWA, Sec. 15A, Noida 201301 (U.P.)
- Submission of Abstract: 10th December 2019
- Confirmation of abstract selection: 14th December 2019
- Last date for Registration: 28th December 2019
- Submission of Full paper (only Soft copies): 26th December 2019
Phone: +91 9748847356
For further details, click here.
About the Author