All the businesses, traditional or hybrid, either explicitly or implicitly employ a particular business model. Currently, the business model concept is attracting much attention from researchers, and seems useful in offering guidance as how to create social businesses. Obviously, social entrepreneurship model, which aims to solve social problems and create social value, is not an exception. Thus, it is important to understand sustainable business models in order to create impact on all the three parameters of triple bottom line.
The study of business models is an interdisciplinary topic, which has been neglected not only in social sciences, but in business studies too. Most research on business models lies in the literature on strategy and competitive advantage and focuses on their role as descriptors of actual phenomenon only.
Recognizing this gap in the literature, the Center for Social Entrepreneurship at the School of Management and Labour Studies, Tata Institute of Social Science, Mumbai, organizes a Conference on the theme ‘Business Models and Social Entrepreneurship’ from January 16-18, 2019 at TISS, Mumbai, to bridge this gap.
Call for Papers
We invite papers, both theoretical and empirical, that focus on the research themes outlined below:
- Business Models: Theories and Concepts
- Family Foundation
- Community-Based Business Models
- Green Supply Chain Based Models
- Inclusive Value Chain
- Emerging Role of CSR in Developing Models
For the complete list, visit here.
The conference invites other delegates interested in participating in these deliberations without submitting paper.
The registration fees are given below:
- Indian: Rs. 6,000
- International: $300
- Indian: Rs. 8,000
- International: $400
- Submission of Extended Abstract: Jul 15
- Notification of Acceptance: Jul 31
- Submission of Full Paper (First Draft): Sept 30
- Notification of Acceptance (First Draft): Oct 15
- Submission of Revised Full Paper: Nov 30
- Notification of Acceptance (Revised Paper): Dec 15
For any queries, mail: email@example.com