The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), in collaboration with the World Bank Group, is organizing a Conference on ‘Financial Distress, Bankruptcy and Corporate Finance’ at IIMA Campus during August 9-10, 2019.
The Conference will facilitate interaction among academia, policy makers, regulators, lawyers, international institutions, the private sector, and other key stakeholders.
About the college:
Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad is a public business school located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. Established in 1961, the institute offers postgraduate diploma programmes in management and agri-business management, a fellowship programme and a number of executive training programmes.
High-quality research papers and case studies are sought on the following topics:
- Corporate debt in emerging and advanced economies
- Corporate defaults and debt restructuring
- Sovereign debt and defaults
- Role of collateral in lending
- Collective action clauses and covenants in bond financing
- Role of governing laws in debt contracts
- Creditor rights and firm behavior
- Debt enforcement and bankruptcy regimes
- Streamlining insolvency legal procedure
- Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) in India
- Comparing Debt Recovery Tribunals and IBC legal regime in India
- Emerging role of National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT) in India
- Insolvency professionals and relationship with firms
- Role of sovereign and corporate credit ratings
- Credit reporting systems (credit bureaus and credit registries)
- Default risk in real estate and household debt
- Securitization and market for distressed assets
If you plan to submit an extended abstract, it should contain the research questions, methodology and key findings (within 1,000 words).
Email your paper to debtconf[at]iima.ac.in.
- Last date to submit extended abstract: March 31.
- Notification of Acceptance of the Abstract: April 15.
- Last Date for Submission of Selected Papers: May 31.
Conference participants will have the option to submit their paper for publication in a Special Issue of IIMA’s Vikalpa journal. Limited travel support will be provided selectively to presenters.
For further information, click here.