Department Of Architecture And Planning, IIT Roorkee is organizing the 53rd International Conference of Architectural Science Association (ASA) during Nov 28-30.
About the Conference:
The major theme of the conference is ‘Revisiting The Role Of Architecture For ‘Surviving’ Development’.
Today, new technologies are being developed to produce as much as we consume –electricity, water, air and so on… But, what goes into the pursuit and achievement of such a ‘development’ is not recyclable. We know today that we cannot go on like this and what we are doing is eventually threatening our own existence on this planet.
With our own survival in question, it is imperative for us, as a community of Built Environment Professionals, to look into the possibilities of developing in a manner such that bare minimum resources are consumed in the process of constructing the built environment.
In light of this background, the aim of ASA 2019 shall be to interact and explore in order to evolve more of such technologies, practices, and methods that will help the human race in ‘surviving’ the difficult times of ‘development’.
- Interpreting traditional built environment and practices.
- Construction practices leading to conserving material resources.
- Building energy benchmarking and rating.
- Building performance evaluation.
- Guaranteed performance and quality of energy efficiency measures.
- Net zero approach for buildings and settlements.
- Climate change and its impact on the built environment.
- Life cycle analysis.
- Impact of urban heat island on buildings and cities.
- Role of occupants in affecting building performance and comfort.
- Sustainable building challenges in growing economies.
- Education in sustainable design.
- Façade design for energy efficient buildings.
- New approaches toward net-zero energy solutions.
- Practice-based and Interdisciplinary Design and Research.
- Construction: Materials and Technology; Modes of Production and Mass Customization.
- Digital architecture; Building and City information Modelling; Building Simulation, Prediction, and Evaluation.
- Urban Design.
Early Bird Registration
Payment received by 15th September 2019 includes 1-year ASA membership until November 2020. Includes 3-day lodging boarding in institute guest house (inclusive of all meals- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
- For delegates other than Indian Delegates: Rs. 39,000 (ASA Paying Member rs. 37,000).
- For Indian Delegate: Rs. 29,000 (ASA Paying Member Rs. 27,000).
Payment received after 14th September 2019 *includes 1-year ASA membership until November 2020 Includes 3-day lodging boarding in institute guest house (inclusive of all meals- Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner)
- Other Delegates: INR 44,000 (ASA Paying Member INR 42,000).
- For Indian Delegates: INR 34,000 (ASA Paying Member INR 32,000).
- Student Registration: INR 12,000.
One Day Registration
- For Professionals: INR 12,000 (includes meals for a day, all sessions for the day).
- For Students: INR 7,000 (includes meals for a day, all sessions for the day).
Click here to register.