About the Organizer
Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University is amongst the ten largest University of the country with 3 campuses and more than 180 affiliating colleges and institutes (both state-run and self-financed). The University is located at Srinagar, Uttarakhand. The Department of Physics of the University proposes to organize a Conference on “Aerosols, Air Quality & Climate Change” on The Himalayan region of Uttarakhand.
About the Conference
The Conference will offer three days of plenary lectures, contributed papers in the form of a platform and poster presentations and exhibition of different products and systems related to aerosol science and technology and allied areas. The main objectives of this conference are:
- To discuss the characteristics (Physical, Chemical, and Optical Properties) of atmospheric aerosols
- To discuss the sources regions of polluted species and its role in climate change
- To try to find out the possibility to give the message to the Government of India: How can mitigate the emissions of anthropogenically polluted species?
- To propose network setup to study the atmospheric aerosols over the Himalayan region
The conference will focus on the latest developments in air quality and aerosol science as well as the insights that the community has gained in the recent years with regards to the impacts of aerosols on human health and climate change, including the following broad areas:
- Application of Engineering and Technology.
- Advancements in Applied, Basic Sciences & Engineering.
- Physical, Chemical & Optical Characteristics of Atmospheric Aerosols.
- Study of aerosols by Aerosol Remote Sensing & application of Remote Sensing.
- Impact of aerosol on Human Health.
- Impact of air pollution on Agriculture, Environment, and Climate over the Himalayan region.
- Aerosol System over High Altitude Himalayas from observations and modeling and their possible effects of glaciers and radiation budget.
- Role of aerosols on Water-Energy Resources and Development of Hydro-power in Uttarakhand.
HNB Garhwal University,
The interested persons have to register themselves for the Conference by submitting paper and payment of the registration fees. For more details about the registration procedure click on this page.
Students/Scholars: Rs. 500
Indian Delegates: Rs. 2000
Foreign Delegates: 150 USD
Accompanying person: Rs. 1500
Field Visit (Optional): Rs. 2000
Abstract submission deadline: September 1
Abstract acceptance notification: September 15
Full paper submission deadline: October 1
Registration deadline: October 15
Mo. (+91)9997138763, (+91)9412124929
For full details visit at official website by clicking on this page.