The Department of Mechanical Engineering, National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela is organizing an Conference on Advanced Manufacturing Systems & Innovative Product Design from December 2 to 3, 2020.
National Institute of Technology (NIT), Rourkela was founded as Regional Engineering College, Rourkela in 1961. It is a prestigious Institute with a reputation for excellence at both undergraduate and postgraduate levels, fostering the spirit of national integration among the students, close interaction with industry, and a strong emphasis on teaching and research in both basic and applied fields.
Being an Institute of National Importance it has been consistently ranked within TOP 20 engineering institutes for the last five consecutive years as per NIRF ranking of Ministry of Education, Government of India. It is ranked 16 in the NIRF Rankings 2020 of Indian Engineering Universities.
While manufacturing can be defined as the multi-phase process of creating a product out of raw materials, smart manufacturing is a subset that employs computer control and high levels of adaptability. Smart manufacturing aims to take advantage of advanced information and manufacturing technologies to enable flexibility in physical processes to address a dynamic and global market.
The theme IPDIMS-20 discusses the current issues that are facing in industries. In this conference, a wide range of fields like Computer Science, Electronics, Electrical, Automation, Robotics, 3D Printing, Smart Manufacturing, Mechatronics, Composite Materials, and many more. The research related to all fields of engineering likely to be covered in this conference. Experts from industries and academia deliver the keynote lecture at this conference.
- Design Aesthetics
- Ergonomics Design
- UX/ UI Design
- Human Computer Interaction
- Computer Aided Design
- Design for Cost & Sustainability
- Design Creativity & Optimization
- Design for Sustainability
- Artificial Intelligence in manufacturing processes
- Optimization and simulation
- Process planning and Scheduling
- Smart Manufacturing
- Virtual Manufacturing
- Robotics, Mechatronics & Automation
- Precision engineering and metrology
- Supply Chain Management
- CAD/ CAM/ CAE
Call for Papers
- Prospective authors from India are invited to submit manuscripts reporting original, unpublished research, and recent developments in the topics related to the conference.
- Submissions must include title, abstract, author affiliation with the email address and keywords as per the template.
- The paper should not contain page numbers or any special headers or footers. Regular papers should present novel perspectives within the general scope of the conference.
- Short papers (Work-in-Progress) are an opportunity to present preliminary or interim results.
- The paper length should be in 6-8 pages Literature reviews/ survey papers will only be considered if they present a new perspective or benefit the field.
- To be published, such papers must go beyond a review of the literature to define the field in a new way or highlight exciting new technologies or areas of research.
- All submitted papers will be subjected to a “similarity test” by Turnitin Software.
- Papers achieving a minimal similarity index i.e. less than 15% will be examined, and those are deemed unacceptable will be rejected/ withdrawn without a formal review.
- To submit your papers online, click here.
- Last date for submission of full length paper: October 30, 2020
- Acceptance Notification: November 15, 2020
- Submission of revised paper: November 25, 2020
Phone: 0661 246 2855/2514
For full notification, click the link below.