Institute of Public Policy, National Law School of India University announces nation-wide competition open to students enrolled in higher education institutions of India (graduates, post-graduates and doctoral) on the theme of imagination of a small urban settlement / city/ town in India.
Urbanisation trends in India are metropolitan centric. Yet the country has a large number of small cities and towns which have the potential to contribute towards a more balanced urbanisation. Challenges this scenario provides needs ingenious imagination since the adaptation of urban planning lessons in different context may be counter-productive. It is in this context, we invite young persons to think and articulate imaginations in the form of papers based on a concrete case of a small town in India.
These ten finalists will be invited to NLSIU campus during 13-15 February 2020 to the International Urban Planning conference. The finalists will have a chance to make presentations in front of a jury who will select the best imagination paper.
Rules of the Competition
- The entries should be received strictly by 31 December 2019 by post (postal delay is not a valid reason) to following address: Executive Director, Institute of Public Policy, National Law School of India University, Bangalore 560272. Soft-copy submissions also should reach the email id: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The entries by the students should be accompanied by a certification from head of the department/college/institution or a senior faculty member.
- Only one entry is permitted by one applicant. A team (maximum up to two members) could also submit an entry.
- Entries are accepted only in English language.
- Entries should have a cover page. On the cover page following information should be mandatorily provided: a) title of the paper; b) names of participant(s), c) contact information of participant(s) including email address, postal address and mobile phone number.
For any queries, e-mail: email@example.com