The Competition Commission of India (CCI) is organizing a National Level Essay Competition for students.
Topic for the Essay
- Growth of Digital Economy– A Challenge for Competition Regulators OR
- Eight Years of Competition Law Enforcement in India
Students pursuing Under-Graduate courses–including students in first 3 years of an Integrated PG course including CA/CS/CMA (Category I) or Post-Graduate degrees (Category II) including PG Diploma/M.Phil./Ph.D/CA/CS/CMA/MBA.
Structure of Essay
- The Essay Competition entries shall have to be on one of the topics provided and submitted by the last date stipulated (i.e. 31st October, 2017).
- Co-authored papers of up to two authors are permitted.
- Only one essay is allowed per participant or per collaborating team of co-authors. The prizes in such cases will be shared among the team members.
Length of Essay
The essay should not be more than 3000 words including footnotes. There is no minimum word limit; however, authors are encouraged to submit essays of not less than 1500 words.
Format of the Essay
- Typed on A4 size electronic page.
- Font size shall be 12 points (English) in Times New Roman
- 1.5 interlinear space
- Margins of one inch (2.54 cm) on all the four sides
Participants may use any recognized style of referencing system and this must be consistently used throughout the Essay. The List of References shall include all cited texts throughout the Essay.
- The entries have to be sent, latest by 31st October, 2017 through email only here in ENGLISH language only.
- Subject of such email may be CCI Essay Competition 2017-18
- Only original essays will be considered for the competition. Previously published essays shall be rejected outright. Any form of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the essay.
- Participants shall ascertain and attest to the originality of their entry and a disclaimer clause to this effect shall be added.
Scoring of the Essay
- Originality and clarity of the content
- Quality of the analysis and research
- Language and Structure of the essay
- Grammar, syntax and form
Category I represents under-graduate students and Category II represents post-graduate students.
Prizes INR Category I Category II
First 40,000 50,000
Second 20,000 25,000
Third 10,000 15,000
Consolation–Two 2×5,000 2×5,000
Total 80,000 1,00,00
The prize winners shall also be given a certificate each. Names of the winners will be published on CCI’s website and separate intimation will also be sent to each of the winner for receiving the prize in an appropriate programme.