TISS Mumbai invites job applications for Communication Manager for the year 2021. The last date of application submission is 20 March 2021.
The Communication Officer will be expected to assist in the production and communication of the programme objectives. Knowledge of project management/ production and ability to coordinate and manage timelines and resources. Willingness to learn and be mentored in these areas with respect to the specific programme is essential.
Qualifications: Applicants must be graduates/ post-graduates in any area including management studies, media studies social entrepreneurship, social sciences and education, sciences, languages, development studies.
- Experience of independently handling the tasks with tight deadlines with attention to details.
- Desirable: Two to three years of working on media production or in education programmes.
Skills and competencies required
- Ability to meet deadlines and work on a range of production tasks
- Proficiency in handling spreadsheets.
- Ability to read/write/communicate in English.
- Should be excited about content creation.
- Knowledge of HTML5 / XML, WordPress, Canva, Photoshop/CorelDraw or such design software to design brochures and templates for Social Media.
- The development of media, digital and print content.
- Update Website and be able to handle at least HTML5, XML levels of website design, development and periodic updation.
- Coordinate with TISS Technical Team and/or external vendors for Website development at technical levels.
- Manage development and production timelines, budget and resource allocation and work closely with the programme faculty and administrative teamin planning and completing these tasks and estimating effort required to complete tasks on time
- Assist in preparation of presentations and documents for internal as well as external communication
- Periodically checking work completed, identifying effort overruns and communicating it to the team lead.
- Disseminate information across Social Media Platforms (Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube) and manage comments on these.
- Actively create a database of alumni, interested people and reach out to them via social media to inform and promote programme updates and events.
- Develop of SoPs for the management of social media page and website for an academic year.
Apply with a detailed CV to ifrctiss-admin[at]tiss.edu with the subject of the email as “Application for Communication Officer, IFRC-TISS” by March 20, 2021.
Gross monthly remuneration for the position is starting at Rs. 45,000 per month. Offers shall be commensurate with the qualifications, experience and salary history of the selected candidate.