Applications are invited for Communication Associate (Content Writing) at IIT Gandhinagar for the year 2022. The last date of application is 20 August.
We are looking for a social media, website, and scientific content developer and writer to join our R&D communications team. Responsibilities include communicating research in written format to different target audiences on multiple platforms; conducting interviews with scientists, researchers, faculty, and students to translate their research into layman’s language; writing, reviewing and developing content in response to the editor’s feedback.
The candidate should have the ability to break down subject matters in a way that people with a range of backgrounds can understand clearly. The candidate should be creative with a flair for writing and the ability to convey scientific concepts, research, theories, and practices in a clear, concise, and intelligible manner.
The candidate should work collaboratively with the graphic designer to create the necessary publicity materials and other relevant collaterals. The candidate should have excellent writing & editorial skills, coordination skills, presentation skills and experience working with a multi-dimensional team structure.
- The candidate must have a graduate or postgraduate degree in Science/Technology/Engineering. An additional degree or diploma in communications/journalism or science communication would be an advantage.
- Excellent speaking, writing, and editing skills in English.
- Proven work experience as a writer, copywriter or in a similar role.
- Proven experience in developing content for expert and non-expert audiences.
- Ability to interact with scientists and subject-matter experts, think logically, and distill complex ideas.
- Ability to report technical information coherently in a manner that appeals to the general public.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Adequate proficiency in basic computer programs.
- Excellent note-taking skills using both physical and digital records.
Full-time for 1 year on a contract (with the possibility of extension based on performance)
INR 25,000 – 40,000 (based on qualification and experience)
Please send as a single PDF attachment your: 1. Detailed CV with contact details; 2. A scientific publication of your choice published by researchers at IIT Gandhinagar and a simplified version of the same in 300 words with a comprehensible and attractive title to Kranti Karande (firstname.lastname@example.org). The last date for accepting applications is 20th August 2022.
Click here to view the official notification of Communication Associate (Content Writing) at IIT Gandhinagar.
You may also be interested in:
- Grand Challenge Competition for Scouting Innovations in the FinTech Area [Grants Upto Rs. 10L]: Submit by Aug 31