Applications are open and invited for the Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work 2022.
About the Commonwealth Youth Awards
Organised and delivered by the Commonwealth Youth Programme, the Commonwealth Youth Awards for Excellence in Development Work aims to recognise and celebrate young people (aged 15 – 29) in the Commonwealth who are spearheading impactful, sustainable development work in their communities.
Awards will be decided on the basis of:
- Level of Impact;
- Level of innovation/fresh approaches to problem solving;
- Quality of achievement;
- Quality of the evidence provided; and
The main objectives of the Commonwealth Youth Awards are to:
- Highlight the contributions young people are making to development work in the Commonwealth, particularly through the Sustainable Development Goals;
- Create an environment which will encourage and sustain investments in youth-led development;
- Illustrate the depth and breadth of talent, commitment and creativity that exists among young people across the Commonwealth; and
- Motivate, encourage and challenge young people to set high standards for their work/service at community, national, regional or international levels.
- The nominee must have been engaged in development work for more than 12 months, either in a professional or voluntary capacity;
- The nominee must be a Commonwealth citizen and the development work must be taking place in a Commonwealth member country;
- The nominee should not be older than 29 years of age on 31 December 2021;
- Individuals can nominate themselves or be nominated by someone who can accurately describe their development work; and
- Winners must agree to take part in publicity generated by the Commonwealth.
There will be four finalists for each Commonwealth region with the top entries receiving the Regional Winner Award. The top Regional Winner will receive the Pan-Commonwealth Award and be named the Commonwealth Young Person of the Year 2022.
- The 20 Regional Finalists will each receive a £1,000 grant, a trophy and a certificate.
- The 5 Regional Winners will receive an additional £2,000 (a total of £3,000) a trophy and a certificate.
- The Pan-Commonwealth Winner will receive an additional £2000 (a total of £5,000) a trophy and a certificate.
- The Regional Winners and Pan Commonwealth Winner will be officially annouced during Commonwealth Week in March 2022.
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.
October 17, 2021