Applications are now invited from Mid-Career Professionals for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships 2020. The Fellowships are for mid-career professionals from low and middle-income Commonwealth countries to spend between six weeks and three months at a UK Host organization working in their sector on a program of professional development.
Funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID), Commonwealth Professional Fellowships provide talented and motivated professionals with the opportunity to enhance knowledge and skills in their given sector.
These Fellowships are offered under six development themes:
- Science and technology for development
- Strengthening health systems and capacity
- Promoting global prosperity
- Strengthening global peace, security, and governance
- Strengthening resilience and response to crises
- Access, inclusion, and opportunity
Each fellowship provides:
- Approved return airfare from the Fellow’s home country to the UK.
- Stipend (living allowance) payable monthly (or pro-rata) for the duration of the award at the rate of £1,696 per month, or £2,104 per month for those at organizations in the London metropolitan area (rates quoted at 2019-2020 levels).
- Arrival allowance of up to £953.45 at current rates, including an element for warm clothing.
- Reimbursement of the standard visa application fee.
- Flat rate contribution of £800 to the costs of the Host organization relating to the administration and support of the Fellow, setting up of appropriate meetings, any materials required, and incidental travel for the Fellow during the award (to be paid to the Host organization on receipt of an invoice).
- Fees can be agreed for costs associated with Fellows attending short courses/conferences as well as travel to visit other UK organizations where this forms an integral part of the Programme.
- Up to £2,000 can be agreed for awards under two months and up to a maximum of £3,000 for awards of three months (to be paid to the Host organization on receipt of an invoice).
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person;
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country;
- Have at least five years’ full-time, or equivalent part-time, relevant work experience, in a profession related to the subject of the Fellowships program, by the proposed start of the fellowship – voluntary work experience will not be counted towards this minimum;
- Be in employment at the time of application that they will return to upon completion of the fellowship;
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship within the last five years (at the time of application);
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic program of research or study in the UK. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programs of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject;
- Be available to undertake the Fellowship between February 1, 2021, and March 15, 2021. You should check the exact dates with the prospective Host.
How to Apply?
To apply online, click here.
Your application must include at least two references, one of which must be from your current employer, otherwise, it will be considered ineligible. The last date to August 3, 2020.
Email ID: email@example.com.
For full notification, click the link below.
You might also be interested in Ernest Rutherford Fellowship 2020 for Early Career Researchers [Fully Funded to UK]: Apply by Sept 17.