About the Programme
With more than 2.3 billion citizens, the Commonwealth provides a potentially huge pool of ideas for advancing societies.
The Foundation offers grants of up to £200,000 over four years in support of innovative project ideas and approaches that seek to strengthen the ability of civic voices to engage with governments and that have the potential to improve governance and development outcomes through their active participation. The Foundation believes in the power of stories and storytelling for social change and will award grants for creative approaches that have the potential to influence public discourse.
The selection process is highly competitive and selected projects will have been designed to undertake work that has the potential to lead to one or more of the outcomes in the Foundation’s strategic logic model.
We are interested in supporting projects that strengthen civic voice so that it:
- Is more effective in holding governance institutions to account
- Enhances involvement in policy processes
- Shapes public discourse
Your project should address one or both of the following outcomes and may include the use of the creative expression to achieve project aims:
- Stronger civic voices engaging in policy processes to hold the government to account
- Public discourse more reflective of less-heard voices
To be eligible for a grant, the following criteria must be met:
- The applicant and, when applicable, partner(s) are registered not-for-profit civil society organisations (CSOs).
- The application is for funding for a maximum of £50,000 per annum
- The applicant is applying for funding for a maximum of four years
- The applicant does not have an existing grant from the Commonwealth Foundation at the time the application window is open.
- The average of the applicant’s total income over the last two years is less than £3m
- The project must address one or both the Commonwealth Foundation’s outcomes
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the programme through this link.
Jan 9, 2020