IIT Kanpur invites admission applications for Cognitive Science Joint Entrance Test (COGJET- 2021). COGJET is a joint entrance test for admission into post-graduate programs in cognitive science at IIT Kanpur, CBCS Allahabad, IIIT Hyderabad, Panjab University Chandigarh. The last date of application submission is 6 Feb 2021.
- Any student who has completed their 3yr/4yr UG degree, or expects to finish the degree by June 2021 is eligible to write the COGJET exam.
- COGJET 2021, like earlier COJET exams, is an enabling exam. Each candidate who appears for the exam will get a performance card giving the candidate’s score on the exam. Individual institutes/ universities participating in the exam are free to use the score in any way they wish in their admission process.
- COGJET-2021 does not automatically make you eligible for admission to a PG program in participating institutions. Each participating institution may have eligibility conditions in addition to COGJET and may also allow other national exams like GATE, NET etc. Please see the details on the websites of the respective institutions.
- For SC/ST, OBC(NCL), female, PwD: Rs.300/-.
- For all others: Rs 500/-.
- The test fee is non-refundable.
- COGJET-2021 application portal opens: 2nd January, 2021
- Deadline for application: 6th February, 2021, 17.00
- Download Admit Card: 10th February, 2021, 10.00 onwards
- COGJET-2021 Test: 20th February, 2021, 10.00 – 13.00
- Register on the website then use the login ID, the password you created to login.
- Fill the application form it has 5 sections then submit.
- Upload necessary documents.
- Pay the application fee using the payment gateway.
- Check all details and submit your application.
Nature of Test
- The 2021 edition of the test will be completely online. You can attempt it from any location including your home. All details will be available in the admit card.
- This test will be very different from standard entrance tests. It will contain a small number of research papers and questions on them. A candidate will have to choose exactly one research paper and answer the questions associated with that paper. You will have to write your answers and upload them.
- The test does not have a syllabus but will require elementary knowledge of psychology, neuroscience, mathematics and programming. A sample research paper and questions are available on the site.