BVMC and Clinical Epidemiology Unit, Christian Medical College, Vellore are conducting a workshop on Diagnostic Test Accuracy on Dec 9-11.
This course provides exhaustive knowledge in the principles and practice of Diagnostic tests to comprehend reliability and validity of a new diagnostic test, the biases and the challenges in designing a study and, critically evaluate a diagnostic study article. This course will also cover the basics of quality control methods in a laboratory. This course will include lectures and comprise a series of practical.
Name Of Organiser
BVMC AND CLINICAL EPIDEMIOLOGY UNIT, Christian Medical College
Vellore, Tamil Nadu
About The Organizer
The Clinical Epidemiology Unit is involved in the following major activities
- Teaching research methodology to undergraduate and post graduate students and faculty
- Assisting Post-graduate students and faculty in carrying out various aspects of research
- Teaching critical appraisal of various study designs to post graduate students and faculty
- Conducting reference manager and database creation workshops in collaboration with Prof Bhooshanam V Moses Centre for Evidence-Informed Healthcare, CMC
- Conducting biostatistics workshops in collaboration with BiostatisticsResource and Training Centre
- Developing and carrying out research projects-both single centre and multicentre studies in India and South-East-Asia
- Activities as part of the IndiaCLEN network-including teaching, research and administration of the network.
- The learn the concept of what is disease
- To learn the diagnostic thinking process and the phases of development of diagnostic tests
- To understand the principles of Validity and Reliability
- To be competent in calculating and interpreting diagnostic statistics, sensitivity, specificity, PPV,NPV
- To understand the concept of Bayesian thinking and the basic Bayesian formula
- To be able to calculate and interpret Likelihood ratios as well as post test probabilities
- To be able to interpret serial and parallel tests
- To understand the concepts of ruling in or ruling out disease with respect to ideal cut-off points
- To learn ROC curves-principles and interpretation
- To interpret screening tests and their use and pitfalls
- To be able to critically appraise an article on Diagnostic test accuracy
- To be able to understand the concept and critically appraise a diagnostic systematic review
- To introduce the concept of health technology assessment
Who should apply?
This course is tailored to medical college faculty who are post, allied health professionals, nonmedical faculty, and/or researchers actively involved in diagnostic test research (validity and reliability studies), or teaching institution or in furthering their knowledge and skills in methodology.
How to apply
- The number of participants will be 30.
- The application process is online and can be accessed from the CEU CMC Vellore website, or the BVMC website.
Confirmed faculty of a Government medical college in India
Assistant/ Associate or Professor level
Should write a short note on how this workshop will benefit the participant and their teaching of students
The applications will be scrutinized by the CDSA-CMC team and a final list of 30 participants will be chosen
Train travel (3rd AC, local transport, Shared accommodation, workshop material and food expenses for the 3 days will be taken care of by CDSA
Mr.Madhan Kumar/Mr. Sasikumar, Clinical Epidemiology Unit
Mr.Jabez Paul, BVMC
Click here for the official website.