Applications are invited from eligible candidates for the “Clinical Research Training Program Fellowship in Neuromodulation in Psychiatry” under the DBT Wellcome Trust India Alliance supported “Clinical Research Centre for Neuromodulation in Psychiatry”.
About the Fellowship
This Fellowship program is initiated under this Clinical Research Centre with a specific focus on training needs in area of neuromodulation. This program would be jointly carried out at the following institutes National Institute of Mental Health and Neuro Sciences (NIMHANS), Bengaluru; Central Institute of Psychiatry (CIP), Ranchi; Kasturba Medical College (KMC), Manipal. Each fellow will be primarily placed in one of three institutes.
The training program will involve neuromodulatory techniques [Electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), transcranial Direct Current Stimulation (tDCS) and others] offering alternative treatment avenues for pharmaco-resistant psychiatric disorders. Cutting edge basic research, as well as clinical/translational research will be ensembled to examine the role of these & other related neuromodulation techniques in psychiatry.
The programme would fund mentored research training fellowships for medical graduates (MBBS) and post-graduates (MD (Psychiatry)):
- To integrate basic and clinical research focusing on neuromodulation in psychiatry
- Clinical Research Experience in Psychiatry with opportunity for advanced training in the area of neuromodulation in psychiatry involving several areas like specialized clinical skills in psychiatry, neuromodulation techniques, research design, research ethics, and statistical analysis through mentored research training
- To provide knowledge and skills to prepare clinician trainees for careers in health research.
Number of Fellowships
- NIMHANS, Bengaluru: 03 (Three)
- CIP, Ranchi: 01 (One)
- KMC, Manipal: 01 (One)
Duration of Fellowship
- 3 Years (for MBBS candidates the fellowship may be extended up to 4 years).
- The fellow should demonstrate satisfactory progress as per twice-yearly assessments based on skills acquired, significant achievements in the assigned clinical research project. It is mandatory for the fellows to complete 3 years of training to be eligible for fellowship certificate
Fellowship Start Date
- Earliest Start Date: 01 April 2021
- Latest Start Date: 31 July 2021
MBBS or equivalent qualification from a recognized University / Institution or M.D in Psychiatry or equivalent qualification from a recognized University / Institution
Upper Age Limit
- For Post-MBBS: Salary of Junior Resident commensurate with years of experience [Initial pay in the pay band: Rs. 56,100/- plus allowances]
- For Post-MD: Salary of Senior Resident Commensurate with the Years of Experience; those candidates that have completed two years of senior residency will be paid the salary of third year senior residency for the entire duration of the fellowship [Initial pay in the pay band: 67,700/- plus allowances]
How to Apply?
- Eligible candidates fulfilling the criteria, may apply by sending their application in the prescribed format (enclosed), copies of age proof documents and certificates of academic qualification & medical degree registration, and experience by email to email@example.com.
- The application should mandatorily include email ID, contact No. & postal address, and a sample research project of maximum 1000 words for evaluation of the applicant.
- The application should be appended with minimum two “Letters of Support” from supervisors/guides under whom the candidate has earlier worked/studied and a letter of commitment for 3 years.
- Those candidates who are working, should forward the application through the competent authority along with No-Objection Certificate stating that the candidate will be relieved in the event of being selected for the fellowship.
- No applications shall be entertained if it is incomplete/received after the last date prescribed.
- No separate intimation will be given to the ineligible candidates.
- The Candidates will be selected on the basis of interview.
Feb 28, 2021
For more details, click the link below.