The Wellcome Trust/DBT India Alliance invites applications for three Fellowship schemes: Early Career Fellowships, Intermediate Fellowships, and Senior Fellowships.
- Early Career Fellowship: For those applicants who have shown promise to pursue research and wish to further their efforts to build a research career under the supervision of a Fellowship Supervisor. Guidance note: Suitable for applicants in the final year MD/MS/MPH/PhD or have up to 4 years of relevant experience.
- Intermediate Fellowship: For those applicants who have been successful in building a track record of pursuing cutting edge research and wish to establish their own independent clinical/public health research program in India. Guidance note: Suitable for applicants with 4-7 years of relevant experience.
- Senior Fellowship: For those applicants who have demonstrated their potential to lead an independent research program and want to expand it further to undertake pioneering research. Guidance note: Suitable for applicants with 7-15 years of relevant experience.
Eligibility limit covers the entire range of Clinical and Public Health Research Fellowship schemes.
- No age or nationality restrictions
- The candidates need not to be resident in India while applying but should be willing to establish an independent research career in India.
- Clinicians and Public health researchers do not require a PhD to apply.
- This competition is open for clinicians and public health researchers with up to 15 years of post-MD/MS/MPH/PhD or equivalent clinical/public health research experience.
- Applicants are advised to choose the most appropriate scheme suitable for them based on their qualification, research experience, career trajectory, and track record. Please refer to the guidance notes, provisions, and mandate of the scheme for assessing your eligibility on the website. The office reserves the right to advise on the suitability of the scheme accordingly.
The 5-year Fellowship support provides:
- Interested clinicians the opportunity to pursue their research goals in combination with their clinical duties
- Competitive personal support
- Generous research support with the flexibility to accommodate requirements of clinical and public health research
- Flexibility to request additional support staff
- Support training cost and research sabbatical
- Funds for International training and travel
- Opportunity to pursue a PhD on the India Alliance-funded research
Essentials on the Application
- A research proposal that seeks to answer an original biomedical research question
- A not-for-profit Host Institution in India that will administer the Fellowship for the full duration of the award. A salaried position or commitment to a salaried position at the Host Institution is notrequired.
- A Sponsor at the Host Institution, who can guarantee space and resources for the duration of the award.
- In case of an Early Career Fellowship, a Fellowship Supervisor, who can guarantee access to laboratory space and resources required for the project as well as provide relevant scientific guidance for the tenure of the Fellowship.
Application forms will be available on the India Alliance Online application System (IASys) from 20 January 2020, 9 am IST. The preliminary applications deadline is18 February 2020, 2 pm IST.
For more details, click here.