Entries are invited from eligible candidates for the Clevertap Backend Engineer Hiring Challenge.
CleverTap empowers digital brands to increase customer retention and lifetime value with the help of data, personalization, deep tech, and automation. The company is headquartered in Mountain View, California with offices in Mumbai, Singapore, and Dubai.
- Years of experience: 4-8 years
- 2 Programming Questions
They are looking for an engineering mindset which brings fresh ideas from various areas, including large-scale platform design, analytics, data structures, security practices, large-scale data retrieval and processing environments.
As a Backend Engineer, you will be working closely with product managers, QA engineers, and designers, software engineers, and will be responsible for designing, building, deploying and scaling various products under the umbrella of CleverTap Platform.
- Understand the functional and nonfunctional requirements, specifications and drive the story development by working with the team member
- Design and develop highly scalable, highly available, reliable, secure and fault tolerant systems with minimal guidance
- Adhere to the system design philosophy and goals and bring improvements to the code quality across platform
- Collaborate with cross functional teams (Product, Design, Data Science, SDK, Frontend developers, QA) on planning and execution to achieve delivery/output and seamless integrations with interdependent systems
- Build reusable code and libraries and follow high code standards, unit-testing and automated test coverage
- Own the entire lifecycle of feature development, test, deployment, fixes and improvements
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science from premier institute with top grades or equivalent practical experience
- 4 – 8 years of experience in back-end development (Designing, developing, testing and deploying large scale applications with one of the JVM languages or other server side technologies
- People Management/Team Leading experience is a must.
- Must be proficient in Java, J2EE, Databases, Springboot, etc.
- Strong fundamentals in Data Structures, Algorithms and System Design, OOP, Design patterns etc.
- Strong programming concepts(Object oriented programming concept, design patterns etc.)
- Able to understand and implement CI/CD (Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery)
- Sound knowledge of Agile methodologies, TDD and automation
- Endless curiosity and ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Has prior excellent and demonstrable engineering track record
- Must be familiar with RESTful APIs and able to design and implement low latency services
- Excellent troubleshooting skills – memory leaks, GC tuning
Measure of Success
- Writing quality and bug free code adhering to the functional and nonfunctional requirements
- Follow standard practices (Unit Tests, Reduce technical debt, Code Coverage, Integration Test, etc)
- Reports to: Director Engineering
- Direct reports: None
- Functional Competencies: Programming, system design and analysis, data structures and algorithms, Agile development
- Behavioral Competencies: Analytical problem solving, attention to details, teamwork and collaboration
How to Register?
Interested participants can register for the challenge through this link.
Nov 14, 2021