Workshop on Clean Energy for Journalists [June 17-20, Germany]: Upto 100% Funding; Apply by May 5
Clean Energy Wire’s Media Study Programme 2018 for international journalists will be organised at North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany’s industrial heartland and most populous state.
During our three-day study tour, we will visit one of the huge opencast lignite mining pits in the Rhineland, see the Ibbenbüren hard coal mine, and get acquainted with local post-coal business projects. In meetings with leading energy experts, policymakers, corporate leaders, and regional planners, we will seek answers to the following questions:
- Long considered to be a clean energy pioneer, what is keeping Germany from following
most of its European neighbours in phasing out coal?
- As coal mines close, how do local communities find new forms of employment and tax revenue?
- On the Paris pathway of ending fossil fuel extraction, is there a future for the German tradition of trade union-brokered social pacts?
Who can take part?
The media workshop is open to international journalists
- with a professional background in energy, environmental, or climate policy journalism
- from countries with major fossil fuel extraction industries
Participation in the media workshop is free of charge. All expenses incurred during the workshop, including food, accommodation, and transport, will be covered by the Clean Energy Wire.
The following funding options are available for travel (train, coach, or flight) to and from Germany:
- 100 percent reimbursement (limited contingent)
- 60% reimbursement for climate-friendly modes of transport, such as train and coach travel, OR 40% reimbursement for air travel.
Please indicate via the application form whether you will cover your own travel expenses, or which of the two reimbursement schemes you are applying for. Also consider carefully whether you may be able to access any additional external sources of funding before choosing 100% reimbursement, as fully funded spaces are very limited and competitive.
How to apply
Apply online at this link by clicking the red bar.
The deadline for applications is 5th of May 2018.
We will inform you of the outcome of your application no later than 15th of May 2018.
Eva Freundorfer, Programme Officer
Phone: +49 30 700 1435 217
For full details, view the programme brochure given here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)