Remember Greta Thunberg, who began a global movement by skipping school? Sisters Ella and Caitlin McEwan who took environmental issues to the US President or even closer to home, Licipriya Kangujam, the youngest child environmental activist from India. Globally, the youth of today have come together to catalyse their young energies into securing a healthy and liveable planet to dwell in.
As voices against clean air and climate justice intensify across the globe, it is the young and the children who are taking over the world as our next generation climate change influencers.
Understanding the urgency of the situation and the need to advocate strong policies for collective clean air mitigation, taking action ahead of the curve, SwitchON Foundation, in partnership with Goldman Sachs, WWF, Our Kids Climate, Greenpeace and the Earth Day Network initiated the Clean Air Champions Cohort with youths, schools and college students.
What is the Clean Air Champions Cohort?
Putting the youth of today on the frontline of clear air planning, The Clean Air Champions is a 3-6 months (tentatively) program that will train future youth leaders who will take up various initiatives to make significant changes in mindset, policy, or technology to reduce air pollution.
The program will provide an opportunity to clean air champions who are under 30 years of age and committed to devoting at least 10 hours in a month with the appropriate skills to manage projects related to climate change and the environment and scale their idea into reality.
What does the program entail?
Train-Practice-Lead! Yes, you read that right. It’s that simple. We believe in your power to catalyze a green and healthy recovery of our planet. The program with its diverse and eminent panel of mentors and experts will provide you with all the necessary skills, expertise, and tools to become champions who can lead change.
- The program aims to first train the clean air champions within the state on leadership, sector-specific training, effective development communication, and technological innovations in mitigating the air pollution problem in the state.
- Secondly, cohort members will be encouraged to conceptualize self-initiated projects which will boost young minds to come up with innovative ways of driving grassroots change.
- Through workshops held on weekends, the program will provide the clean air champions with appropriate skills to manage projects related to climate change and the environment and scale their idea into reality.
It is high time the youth of these states take it upon themselves to bring about change in the exponential rise in pollution.
What will you gain as a Clean Air Champion?
Let’s dig some good parts now. Being one of a kind citizen-driven environment program, the Clean Air Champion Cohort builds a platform to drive grassroots change and action towards curbing pollution emissions in the respective State and spread awareness among the young stakeholders in the State by promoting sustainable living as a way of life in our cities.
- Each project will be awarded seed money and other necessary resources to implement its project.
- You will be networking with international organizations and think tanks
- Mentorship from the experts of the field
- Certificates, Medals, and awards for outstanding performance during the program
Who can apply?
- Under 30 years of age
- Committed to devoting at least 10 hours in a month
How to Register?
Interested applicants can apply for the program through this link.
- Gargi Maitra
- Mobile: 8336919233
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org