About the Program
Civic Innovation Foundation is inviting students to apply for the Civis Policy Leaders program. At Civic Innovation Foundation, we work to enable effective dialogue between Governments and citizens, on laws and policies. Through our online platform Civis, we help citizens share their inputs on upcoming laws, with the Government. Since 2018, Civis has worked on 57 Consultations, impacting over 3,000 people.
Civis has been a recipient of the Agami Prize for Legal Innovation, D-Prize, and two state government awards at the Maharashtra StartUp Summit and Vibrant Gujarat StartUp Summit. Civis has been incubated by NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore and INFED, IIM Nagpur.
Responsibilities of a Policy Leader, include:
- Be a part of a group of Civis ambassadors from top universities across the country.
- Conduct research on upcoming public consultations.
- Help design content about public consultations and create awareness through your networks in the form of posters, videos, etc.
- Work with other Policy Leaders and report to Research Fellow, as allocated.
- Receive the opportunity to serve as a Research Fellow for Civis, upon completion.
- Conduct drives and awareness campaigns on Public Consultations and the Pre Legislative Consultation Policy.
Skills gained through the program include, but are not limited to:
- Hands-on training on Public Consultations.
- An understanding of public policy.
- Communication and outreach.
- Team-work and networking.
- The Policy Leader program will run for a period of 3 months.
- Students will be required to contribute remotely, for 4 to 6 hours a week.
- Certificate from Civis.
- Refining the skills mentioned above.
- Experience and exposure in the field of Policy.
- Networking with a pan-India network of students and policy veterans.
- Ability to work with a multi-disciplinary team of students, from different disciplines like design, law, policy, urban planning etc.
How to Apply?
To apply, interested students can send their CVs to info[at]civis.vote by Friday, the 24th of January 2020, with the subject line ‘Application for Civis Policy Leaders Program’.
Jan 24, 2020