Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research (IGIDR) is an advanced research institute established and fully funded by the Reserve Bank of India for carrying out research on development issues from a multi-disciplinary point of view.
At present the Institute has about 150 employees and students that include about 26 full time faculty members, 24 non-academic staff and about 90 M.Sc./M.Phil/Ph.D students.
- The applicant must be a Graduate or equivalent in Civil Engineering with 5-8 years of experience in maintaining large campuses or equivalent.
- Candidates with Diploma in Civil Engineering and having similar type of experience may also be considered.
- Experience in MEP Works will be preferred.
- The job requires a hands-on approach and excellent co-ordination skills for maintaining the entire campus, knowledge in labour contracts, contractual works undertaken by the Institute for maintaining the premises, office area and residential quarters etc of the Institute.
- Must be well versed with the relevant statutory Acts, Labour laws etc.
- Coordinate with maintenance department and report to Estate Officer, for project development in the campus.
- Liaising with statutory bodies like the BMC, Architects, Contractors etc.
- Compiling and executing tendering procedures.
- Assist in design, development and construction of a range of projects in the campus.
- Scheduling material and equipment purchases and deliveries as per the requirement.
- Ensuring the quality, safe, timely and well-resourced completion of projects in the campus.
- Making sure the project complies with legal requirements.
- Assessing the sustainability and environmental impact of projects.
- Ensuring that a project runs smoothly and that the structure is completed on time and within budget and project resources.
- Correcting any project deficiencies that affect production, quality and safety requirement prior to final evaluation and project reviews.
- Maintenance of the issues related to water pipelines, sewerage pipelines, plumbing work, etc.
Last Date: 22nd May 2017
Remuneration: Remuneration will commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Appointment Type: (On contract basis) Initially for period of 1 year on extendable basis as per the requirement/satisfactory performance.
Age Limit: Upto 35 years
- Candidates should attached self-attested copies of certificates in support of their qualification (matriculation on wards), experience, Date of Birth etc. Originals certificates should be produced at time of interview.
- Candidates possessing the requisite qualification and experience may submit their application mentioning the ‘Post applied for Junior Civil Engineer’ on the envelope, along with all relevant documents showing proof of age, experience, qualifications and two references by 22nd May ’2017 to: The Registrar, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Santosh Nagar, Film City Road, Goregaon-E, Mumbai-400 065.
The Director (Vice Chancellor), IGIDR, Gen. A.K.Vaidya Marg
Goregaon (E)Mumbai – 400 065 (INDIA)
Tel: (022) 2840 0919/20/21,28416200 (Board Number)
Fax: (022) 2840 2752/28416399
For more information, visit the official notification page by clicking here.