Are you a non-profit organization with an innovative and scalable solution that addresses Water, Sanitation, Hygiene (WASH) and Healthy Spaces* related challenges faced by vulnerable and disadvantaged urban communities in India?
The proposed project should address at least one of the following thematic priorities:
- Water and sanitation accessibility
- Gender equality, disability and social inclusion
- Implementation of a community-level affordable WASH business model and digital payments system
- Circular WASH solutions (greywater recycle and reuse), climate-resilient infrastructure
- Water-sensitive urban design or nature-based solutions (rain gardens, recharge wells, retention ponds, etc.)
- Solid waste management and healthy spaces
- Other projects which do not fit the above categories but focus on WASH and healthy spaces
- Your project pitch should:
- Be incremental, innovative, scalable and focused on vulnerable urban communities
- Be implementable in 2 months
- Integrate readily into the existing built environment
- Have at least one demonstration or pilot on-ground
- Non-profit organizations registered as a legal entity in India
- The organization must operate in an urban Indian city
- Proven solution with at least one demonstration or pilot on-the-ground (proof-of-concept or pilot stage solutions can also apply)
- Be available to implement and operate their solution on-ground
What to keep in mind, if your application is selected:
- Pitch project in March 2021 and implement the solution by end of May 2021
- Produce a report with project details and photographs upon implementation
- Have all required permissions beforehand to implement the proposed incremental solution
Interested and eligible candidates can apply via this page on or before 28 Feb 2021.
The Accelerating Access Prize celebrates on-ground transformative change with an award of up to INR 15,00,000 for the selected organization. The award money will support the winning organization in extending the implementation of their ongoing work.