Cisco Agri Challenge calls for solutions that ‘Enhance profitability of small scale farmers’. Solutions with 10Mn potential, that deliver positive economic, social and environmental value will compete for an INR 2 Cr Prize purse.
About the Challenge
Can we increase profitability for the small farmer, while containing food inflation? And while we are at it, can we also improve social and environmental outcomes?
Over the next year, an ecosystem of producers, experts, investors, enablers and supporters will come together to accelerate your learning, and to help you refine your solution. All high potential ideas will get stage-appropriate support to be implemented on ground and the most promising solution will win an INR 1 Cr grant.
- Cisco Agri Challenge is open to individuals, groups of individuals (upto 10) that have a solution that increases profitability for the small farmers of India.
- Applicants must have a registered organisation (for, or not-for profit) by May 2021 in order to receive a grant.
- The challenge is designed to offer stage appropriate support to all high potential contestants.
- The Knowledge series from Jan – Mar ‘21 will be open to all contestants. This includes immersion opportunities and webinars on a wide range of topics.
- Semifinalists will receive go-to-market support to get user feedback on their solution prototype. All semifinalists will be connected to a wide network of incubators and accelerator programs to raise grants outside the challenge.
- Finalists will receive milestone grants of INR 15 lacs each.
- Winner and runner-up will receive grants of INR 1 Cr and INR 25 lacs respectively incubation support by NSRCEL, IIM Bangalore.
- Interested and eligible candidates can register via this page.
- Last date of registration: 15 Feb 2021
- Scalability: Potential to increase income for 10 Mn farmers by 2025;
- Impact: Increase farm profitability (absolute, and %);
- Sustainability: Positive social and environmental outcomes.