Cinestaan India’s Storytellers Contest; Prize of Rs. 49 Lakhs: Apply by January 31
India is a land of innumerable stories that pass through generations through grandparents’ tales. We all love stories that romance our vivid imaginations.
Mumbai Mantra CineRise and Cinestaan embark on a new journey with the sole mission of providing a writing platform for talented Indian writers in India and abroad. This contest aims to award and honour standout work of such writers and helps put them on a stage that will attract the attention of Production Houses and Film Studios
How to register : Register here
1) Best script: Rs. 25 Lakhs
2) First Runner Up: Rs. 10 Lakhs
3) Second Runner Up: Rs. 7 Lakhs
4) Third Runner Up: Rs. 4 Lakhs
5) Fourth Runner Up: Rs. 3 Lakhs
The 5 winners shall get a chance to pitch directly to Studios/Production Houses.They shall be awarded by the Jury at an event in Mumbai.Access to a unique platform to take your script to screen. A chance to meet decision makers of the industry and possibly get your film funded.
The Script Contest:
- Last day for submission of Application Form, Film Story and Payment: Jan 15th 2018;
- Second Round: Start Date – Feb 15th 2018 and End Date – Apr 15th 2018;
- The Video Pitch Contest:
- Submissions open from: May 30th 2018
- End Date: June 30th 2018
Pitch Video Contest:
Shortlisted writers shall be invited to make their pitch video available for audience voting on the website. The video with most votes will win INR 1 Lakh.
Last date to apply: January 31, 2018
Application fee: INR 1500
- Writer or Team Biography(Upto 2 co-writers are eligible) (250 words): A short biography about who you/your team are. Please list any previous work details.
- Title of your Story
- Synopsis of Story (It should not be more than 2500 words): Please provide a complete story with a beginning, middle and end.
- Registration: You will be required to upload the scanned registration form of your story/script (in pdf format). Please register with the Film Writers Guild of your respective country. For example, Screenwriters Association (formerly FWA) is advised for India.
- You will have to select no more than 2 genres to categorize
- You may submit as many stories as you’d like but please note that the application fees is INR 1500/-for every submission.
- You may not submit more than one story per submission. Please fill out separate application forms for each submission. When/if shortlisted for say, two stories you shall then need to send 2 Scripts.
- Entry per submission is INR 1500/-.This is a non-refundable amount and inclusive of GST. You may pay through Debit Card, Credit Card or NetBanking.
- One writer/team can submit as many stories as they like as long as they note that every submission shall need to be accompanied by an entry fee.
- Participation is strictly online. Any applications sent via post, email or hand will not be considered. Online applications can be found at the website and will be open from Oct 15th, 2017.
- Cinestaan India’s Storytellers Contest is solely focused on content for feature films. They will not accept television, documentaries, web-series, digital content, radio, theatre, magazine, short film, novel or game show formats.
- Entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party.
- Participation is limited to people above the age of 18 and of Indian origin.
- Up to three co-writers are allowed per submission.
- You will be asked for Writer or Team Biography (250 words), and Synopsis (It should not be more than 2500 words) for the first round.
- All participants must register their story with the Film Writers Guild from their respective country of residence prior to applying for the contest. Eg. Screenwriters Association of India (formerly FWA)
- Synopsis will be shortlisted by Feb 15th 2018. Shortlisted applicants will be requested to send full scripts via email. Scripts will be due April 15th 2018. Scripts cannot be more than 120 pages in industry-standard format.
- All entries must be written in Roman English. Hindi written in English is also allowed. Please do not submit scripts in Devanagari script.
This Contest shall be conducted in three rounds and the winners shall be declared at the end of the third round in accordance with the following process-
First Round (Film Story):
- The Participants will be required to submit an original story developed and created by the Participant (either alone or as a team of maximum of 3 co-writers) (“Film Story”) in absolute compliance with all the eligibility criteria for Submissions as set out in Paragraph 2 below.
- Each Story must be minimum of 2 pages and maximum of 8 pages (2000 to 4000 words). An internal panel of Readers (“Panel”) shall read the Stories and select the Participants who will qualify for the second round. The First Round will begin from Oct 15th 2017 and shall end on Jan 15th 2018.
Second Round (Script):
- Those applications that are rejected shall have no recourse but to withdraw from the contest and re apply with a new story in the next year, should the contest continue next year. The selected Participants from the First Round will be informed of their qualification by way of email on the email address provided by such Participants in their Application Form.
- In this round, the qualifying Participants will be required to submit a script which will be an extended scene by scene narrative of their Film Story in First Round, along with dialogues by/between the characters (if any), in compliance with the eligibility criteria for Submissions set out in Paragraph 2 (two) below, the document should be a maximum of 120 pages (“Script”) in the industry standard format.
- The Script must be submitted by the qualifying Participants on or before the end date communicated by the Company. The Panel will select the top Participants from the Second Round who will also qualify to participate in the Video Pitch Contest (details in 1.1. B. below), which shall be optional for the Participants;
Winners: The panel of Jury Members nominated by the Company will read/judge the Story/Script of the top selected Participants who qualify from Second Round. Based on their reading, thereafter the Jury Members will select the 5 (five) winners from the pool of top Participants.
More terms and conditions can be found here.
For any queries, write to email@example.com.
For further Information, click here.
About the Author