Amnesty India’s Film Festival recognizes that cinema is a powerful medium for highlighting human rights violations in India. It seeks to shine a light on stories of courage and perseverance in the face of injustice and to encourage individuals to stand together to achieve human rights for all.
We are pleased to announce the opening of submissions for the first edition of its annual film festival “Cinema for Human Rights”, which will take place in October 2018.
We are looking for films that touch on one or several human rights issues that are connected to our areas of work.
Cinema for Human Rights is a platform for emerging filmmakers to showcase their talent and voice their opinions on human rights violations and economic, social and cultural issues in India.
- Human Rights
- Gender Identity
- Freedom of Expression
- Communal Violence
- Human Rights Defenders
- Human rights issues should be at the center of the narrative.
- Due weightage will be given to both the human rights content and cinematic brilliance of the films.
- Entries are open for films made in any regional language; however, they must have English subtitles.
- All filmmakers whose films have been officially selected will be notified six weeks prior to the festival.
- All submissions should only be made through the submission link provided below.
- All films should be previously unscreened and unreleased.
- All submissions should be accompanied with a biography of the filmmaker of not more than 150 words.
- Please refer to the entry form for details related to the Festival and the submissions.
How to submit
- All films / documentaries shot on film or Video (Analog / Digital format) between January 2016 to November 2018 within a running duration of 30 seconds to 15 minutes are eligible for the festival.
- Entries of all films / documentaries (hereafter referred to as ‘Entry’ or ‘Entries’) shall be accepted only in DVD/BLURAY format. After nomination please send 2 BLURAY without watermark and any advertisement.
- If the language of the Entry is other than English, it must be dubbed or sub-titled in English.
Deadline: All movies should be submitted or before 12 p.m., 15 September 2018.
Phone: (080) 493 88 000
To know more about the eligibility and application process please visit this page.