Merit Cum Means Scholarships 2018 for UG Students by CII- FACE Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan: Apply by Aug 31
This Scheme is called the CII Food and Agriculture Centre of Excellence – Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan (CII FACE – SKA) Merit – cum – Means Scholarship Scheme. Its purpose is to support meritorious and financially under-privileged students of Food Science / Technology / Processing / Microbiology / Safety / Nutrition at the Under-Graduate level.
- Indian students who have taken admission / pursuing Under-Graduate programmes in Food Science / Technology / Processing / Microbiology / Safety / Nutrition are eligible for the scholarship;
- This scholarship would be provided to deserving students having good academic record but require financial support;
- Student must have completed without any break:
– I semester for II semester scholarship;
– I and II semester, for the second year scholarship;
– III and IV semester, for the third year scholarship;
– V and VI semester, for the fourth year scholarship;
- The student should have cleared all the courses of the concerned semester in the first attempt;
- All papers must have been cleared with a 60% score or B grade;
- The annual gross income of parents of student from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/-;
- Calculation of merit-cum-means scores;
- The merit cum means scores will be calculated by giving weight-age to parental income and merit of student as follows:
– Weightage of parental income : 40%
– Weightage of merit of student : 60%
- The merit will be considered for last examination;
- Parents’ income weight-age will be calculated as under:
Annual income below Rs.1,00,000: 100 marks
Rs. 1,00,000 – 1,50,000: 95 marks
Rs. 1,50,000 – 2,00,000: 90 marks
Rs. 2,00,000 – 2,50,000: 85 marks
Amount of Scholarship
- Actual Tuition fees of the Institute / College / Course;
- Allowance for purchase of books / study material;
- Allowance for Hostel accommodation and other related incidental subsistence allowance;
- The number of scholarship to be given will be based upon the number of available funds.
- Candidate shall submit their application in the form given in the notification below along with all supporting documents;
- Candidates may be required to produce all documents in original.
- All forms will be screened for completeness and any deficiency / rejection will be notified and student will be given chance to comply with the requirements within five working days;
- All eligible forms will be placed before the ‘CII FACE – SKA Scholarship Committee’ for consideration;
- The committee will finalize students list based upon the number of available scholarships;
- Once approved, SKA FACE – CII office will notify the list of approved students through email. A letter will also be sent to the parent of student as well as the Institute / College.]
- The deadline to apply for this scholarship is August 31, 2018 (for new students).
Release of Scholarship
- The College / Institution will have to send the annual / semester exams report of the academic progress of the student without fail;
- The Director / Principal / HOD or Professor-in-charge shall attest duly filled form along with the academic reports and other relevant documents to be submitted to:”Executive Director, CII FACE – SKA (Scholarship Scheme), 28 IGSSS Building, 3rd Floor, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110 003” by e-mail at email@example.com.
- The scholarship will be transferred by RTGS in the student’s bank account.
For official notification and application form, click here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)