This Scheme is called the CII Food and Agriculture Centre of Excellence – Surakshit Khadya Abhiyan (CII FACE – SKA) Merit – cum – Means Scholarship Scheme. Its purpose is to support meritorious and financially under-privileged students of Food Science / Technology / Processing / Microbiology / Safety / Nutrition at the Under-Graduate level.
- Indian students who have taken admission / pursuing Under-Graduate programmes in Food Science / Technology / Processing / Microbiology / Safety / Nutrition are eligible for the scholarship;
- This scholarship would be provided to deserving students having good academic record but require financial support;
- Student must have completed without any break:
– I semester for II semester scholarship;
– I and II semester, for the second year scholarship;
– III and IV semester, for the third year scholarship;
– V and VI semester, for the fourth year scholarship;
- The student should have cleared all the courses of the concerned semester in the first attempt;
- All papers must have been cleared with a 60% score or B grade;
- The annual gross income of parents of student from all sources does not exceed Rs. 2,50,000/-;
- Calculation of merit-cum-means scores;
- The merit cum means scores will be calculated by giving weight-age to parental income and merit of student as follows:
– Weightage of parental income : 40%
– Weightage of merit of student : 60%
- The merit will be considered for last examination;
- Parents’ income weight-age will be calculated as under:
Annual income below Rs.1,00,000: 100 marks
Rs. 1,00,000 – 1,50,000: 95 marks
Rs. 1,50,000 – 2,00,000: 90 marks
Rs. 2,00,000 – 2,50,000: 85 marks
Amount of Scholarship
- Actual Tuition fees of the Institute / College / Course;
- Allowance for purchase of books / study material;
- Allowance for Hostel accommodation and other related incidental subsistence allowance;
- The number of scholarship to be given will be based upon the number of available funds.
- Candidate shall submit their application in the form given in the notification below along with all supporting documents;
- Candidates may be required to produce all documents in original.
- All forms will be screened for completeness and any deficiency / rejection will be notified and student will be given chance to comply with the requirements within five working days;
- All eligible forms will be placed before the ‘CII FACE – SKA Scholarship Committee’ for consideration;
- The committee will finalize students list based upon the number of available scholarships;
- Once approved, SKA FACE – CII office will notify the list of approved students through email. A letter will also be sent to the parent of student as well as the Institute / College.]
- The deadline to apply for this scholarship is August 31, 2018 (for new students).
Release of Scholarship
- The College / Institution will have to send the annual / semester exams report of the academic progress of the student without fail;
- The Director / Principal / HOD or Professor-in-charge shall attest duly filled form along with the academic reports and other relevant documents to be submitted to:”Executive Director, CII FACE – SKA (Scholarship Scheme), 28 IGSSS Building, 3rd Floor, Lodi Road, New Delhi – 110 003” by e-mail at email@example.com.
- The scholarship will be transferred by RTGS in the student’s bank account.
For official notification and application form, click here.