Industrial Proficiency Aptitude Test for Engineers (iPATE 2020) by CII [Exams on July 4, 5, 11, 12]: Apply by March 31
Confederation of Indian Industries is conducting the Industrial Proficiency Aptitude Test (iPATE) for Engineers on July 4, 5, 11 and 12. This test is a One Stop Solution for Indian Industry to recruit Top Technical Talent on PAN India basis and to set a Benchmark to assess industrial aptitude & proficiency of Engineering Graduates across India.
This test standardises the technical recruitment process & protocol for Indian Industry
- To catch the high quality, employable engineering graduates across geographies (including Tier 2 & 3 cities)
- To facilitate the Technical hiring pipeline with minimal time, cost and effort
- To build the mechanism for making students industry-ready, measuring their engineering acumen and industrial skillsets
About iPATE 2020
Examination for all the Engineering Disciplines will be conducted as ONLINE Computer Based Test (CBT).
The Test will contain some questions for which numerical answers must be keyed in by the candidate using a virtual keypad. Rest of the questions will be of Multiple Choice Question (MCQ) type. The Candidates will use ONLY an on-screen virtual calculator provided for the examination.
A candidate can appear only in ANY ONE Discipline of iPATE examination. If a candidate makes more than one application, he/she will be allowed to appear in any one Discipline ONLY. One of the duplicate/triplicate applications will be considered and the remaining applications will be rejected without any refund of application fee.
The detailed syllabus for iPATE 2020 is given on this page.
The iPATE score is valid for 3 years and Engineers at any age are eligible for iPATE Exam.
- B.E. / B.Tech (4 years course after 10+2)
- B.E. / B.Tech (3 years course after B.Sc./Diploma in Engineering/Technology)
- B.Arch (5 years course) / Naval Architecture (4 years course) / Planning (4 years course)
- Professional Society Examinations (equivalent to B.E. / B.Tech / B.Arch) recognized by MHRD/ UPSC/ AICTE
- Final Year Students may also apply
iPATE Exam Structure
- Cognitive Abilities
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Analytical Reasoning
- Data Interpretation
- English Communication
- Professional Abilities
- Project Management
- Finance & Accounts
- Legal, Contracts & Arbitration
- Environmental Laws
- Health, Safety & Risk Management
- Social Responsibility & Ethics
- Technical Abilities
- Physics & Chemistry (10+2 level)
- Engineering Discipline-wise Subjects
Duration: 3 hours
How to apply
Apply online at this page.
Exam centres in selected cities and cowns across different States & UTs of India
Exam Fee: INR 1,500.00 (inclusive GST)
Online Registration: Jan 1, 2020 – March 31, 2020
Strength & Weakness Analysis, Learning & UpSkilling: Feb 1, 2020 onwards
Deadline to apply: March 31, 2020
Download Admit Card: June 15, 2020 onwards
CII iPATE 2020 Online Examination: July 4, July 5, July 11, July 12, 2020
Download iPATE Certification & Scorecard for Employment: Aug 1, 2020
Email : email@example.com
For full details, visit the official website by clicking here.
About the Author
Loved my student life, love talking to students now. I am a wearer of multiple hats (wife, mom, cook, chauffeur). My job is my hobby! :)