About the PhD Programme:
CHRIST (Deemed to be University) offers PhD in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce, Management, Engineering and Law both in full time and part time mode.
CHRIST grants fellowship of Rs 8000/- per month as PhD fellowship to all full-time PhD Scholars. Conditions for awarding the fellowship are:
- Full-time research with the physical presence in the campus or the designated research labs at least during the working hours of the university.
- Scholar should not be a salaried employee.
- Scholar should not be an Industry or Institution sponsored candidate.
- Scholar should not be drawing any other scholarship or research funding.
- Annual Fee of the full-time research scholars is Rs. 30000/- irrespective of the discipline (for the first three years from the registration).
- Annual Fee of part-time research scholars is Rs. 60000/- irrespective of the discipline.
Eligibility for PhD
- CHRIST follows the University Grants Commission (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D Degrees) Regulations, 2016 and the subsequent Amendments.
- Every candidate has to take the PhD Entrance Examination and Interview to be held on June 15, 2019, or on June 22, 2019.
- As per the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degrees) Regulations, 2016 (#5.1), those who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF)/UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF)/ SLET/GATE/ teacher fellowship holder or have passed M.Phil Programme, may apply for PhD directly. They would undergo an interview by experts. Such candidates shall send their Research Proposal and CV to email@example.com. (This provision is open throughout the year).
How to apply
Apply online at this page.
|1.||Announcement and issue of PhD Application Forms||February 04, 2019|
|2.||Last date of issuing Application Form||June 8, 2019|
|3||Last date of receiving filled in Application Form||June 8, 2019|
|4.||Selection Process Admit Card will be generated||June 9, 2019|
|5.||Written Test & Interview||June 15, 2019, and|
June 22, 2019
|6.||Announcement of Results||June 24, 2019, after 10:00 PM|
|7.||Last date for the Payment Fees||June 28, 2019|
|8.||Inauguration of PhD Course 2019||June 29, 2019|
Time: 9.30 am
Venue: Room No.802
|9.||PhD Course Work||June 29 to November 30, 2019|
Time: 9.00 am to 5.00 pm
|12.||PhD Course Work Examination||December 2 -7 2019|