Established in 1969 as Christ College, Christ (Deemed to be University) undertook path-breaking initiatives in Indian higher education with the introduction of innovative and modern curricula, insistence on academic discipline, imparting of Holistic Education and adoption of global higher education practices with the support of creative and dedicated staff.
It offers PhD in Sciences, Humanities, Social Sciences, Commerce, Management, Engineering and Law both in full-time and part-time mode.
Computer Science and Engineering
Electrical and Electronics Engineering
Electronics and Communication Engineering
Eligibility for PhD
The minimum eligibility of candidates intending to pursue a doctoral programme is a pass with a minimum of 55% in a postgraduate programme.
The selection process for PhD comprises of Entrance Examination, Research Skill Assessment and Personal Interview.
However, as per the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of M.Phil./Ph.D. Degrees) Regulations, 2016 (#5.1), those who qualify UGC-NET (including JRF) / UGC-CSIR NET (including JRF) / SLET / GATE / teacher fellowship holder (KSET, SET etc.) or have passed M.Phil Programme shall be exempted from the Entrance Examination and take only a Research Skill Assessment Test along with their Personal Interview.
How to Apply
The online application is available here.
5000 INR (Non-Refundable)
Last date for application: November 27, 2019
Entrance examination: December 7, 2019
Christ, Bangalore grants fellowship of Rs 8000/- per month as PhD fellowship to all full-time PhD Scholars.
Conditions for Fellowship
- Full-time research with the physical presence in the campus or the designated research labs at least during the working hours of the university.
- The scholar should not be a salaried employee.
- The scholar should not be an Industry or Institution sponsored candidate.
- The scholar should not be drawing any other scholarship or research funding.
- Annual Fee of the PhD research is Rs. 60000/- irrespective of the discipline.
- All the full-time research scholars shall be provided Rs. 30000/- as scholarship for each of the first three years on the annual fee.
For more information, click here.
About the Author