The National Institute of Design, Ahemdabad is organizing the 6th edition of International Student Animation Festival called Chitrakatha’17 which will be held from 22nd to 28th of October this year.
The National Institute of Design (NID) is a design school in Ahmedabad, India. The institute functions as an autonomous body under the Department of Industrial Policy and Promotion, Ministry of Commerce and Industry, government of India.
Its been placed among the top design schools in the world.
About Chitrakatha 2017
The theme of this year’s festival is ‘Africa-Asia’.
The fest will include workshops and debates on the subtext of World Peace, Human Rights, Non Violence, Love, Laughter, Identity, Gender, Gaze, Freedom, Quality, Compassion, Mahatma Gandhi, Rabindranath Tagore, Charlie Chaplin, Ramkinkar, Zainul Abedin, Nelson Mandela, Elaben Bhatt, Osmane Sembene, Desmond Tutu, Begam Rokeya etc.
- For Animation category : HD Quality MPEG4/AVI/MOV screening format
- For Comics category: Printable PDF format.
- 3 stills of the artworks and creator’s recent photo (all 300 dpi jpegs), a short bio and subtitle file (.srt format) for film and English translated file for Comics, if applicable.
- Maximum duration of the entry should be minimum 30 seconds to 13 minutes for Animation. At least 75% of the sent content should be animated.
- Page range for Comics should be minimum 5 to maximum 15.
This is purely pre-selection entry.
The maker/producer of the shortlisted entries will be informed by e-mail and the selected list will be put up on festival website.
Short listed Comics will be promoted through future publication with due credits to the creator with her/his consent.
Chitrakatha 2017 only accepts online submission.
Individuals can enter maximum of 3 entries.
Each entry has to be duly filled with separate entry form. Schools/Institutes/Colleges can enter up to 15 entries.
- Entry form should be duly filled.
- All the information should be authentic and validated by School authority or equivalent.
- Chitrakatha is for the students, by the students and from the students. Work done only as a student is eligible.
- All the work should be original and non-commercial and created by student only.
- Individuals can enter maximum of 3 entries.
- Schools/Institutes/Colleges can enter up to 15 entries.
- Each entry has to be duly filled with separate entry form.
Submission Form can be downloaded from here .
All the animation/comics entries along with other needed information should be sent through wetransfer/yousendit/dropbox/google drive kind of file transfer option with a folder titled to email@example.com and cc to firstname.lastname@example.org.
LAST DATE OF RECEIVING ENTRIES IS AUGUST 31, 2017 BY 23:59 HOURS.
For more details regarding the fest, click here.