Applications are invited for the Chief Minister’s Good Governance Associates (CMGGA) Programme 2021.
About the Programme
The CMGGA Programme is a strategic collaboration between the Government of Haryana and Ashoka University to improve governance in the state and driving a mass impact on ground. Running since 2016, the programme provides a platform to 25 young individuals each year, to work closely with the Chief Minister’s Office for bringing transparency, accountability and efficiency in public service delivery in the state.
The CMGGAs are recruited through a competitive process with the selection ratio of -1:100. The associates are trained and oriented about government functioning and structure through a 15 day boot camp at Ashoka University and are then posted across 22 districts to work in tandem with the district administration for a period of one year.
During this one year, CMGGAs ensure streamlined implementation of the state government’s flagship programmes in the field of education, women’s safety, health and sanitation, higher education and e-governance.
CMGGAs drive convergence between various government stakeholders and departments within the administration to re-engineer processes and de-bottleneck implementation challenges. CMGGAs also work on an innovative pilot project for addressing an issue pertinent to their district. If a pilot project is found successful, it gets scaled up at the state level.
The four batches of CMGGAs have been instrumental in driving stories of change in Haryana, resulting in palpable and visible impact on ground.
Required Education and Professional Experience
- Completed post-graduation OR have at least 1 year of work experience after graduation.
- Proficient in both Hindi and English, with the ability to read and write in both.
- Not more than 28 years of age as on 21st July 2021.
- Hold an Indian citizenship.
What Will You Do?
The Associates will get an opportunity to work on-field in the assigned district for 1 year while receiving training, mentorship and support for professional development from government officers and the programme team at CMGGA. Here’s what an Associate will do:
- Represent the Chief Minister’s Office and work closely with the Deputy Commissioner and other district officials.
- Problem solve and ensure smooth implementation of the flagship government programmes.
- Facilitate coordination and dialogue between various stakeholders of the district for inter-sectoral convergence.
- Innovate tangible and sustainable solutions to address pertinent issues in the districts like curbing drug menace in Haryana and controlling air pollution levels in Gurugram.
- Assess the ground situation of the various programs/schemes.
- Conduct academic research on governance reforms in Haryana.
- Prepare and share regular progress updates (monthly and weekly) with the Programme Team and the Chief Minister’s Office.
- Document best practices and innovations in the districts.
Key Learnings as an Associate
- Work experience in public administration related to social welfare and economic development.
- Work experience in stakeholder management through the implementation of government policies and schemes.
- Access to and guidance from experienced and senior decision-makers.
- In-depth knowledge of a relevant topic of their choice through research and dissertation writing.
- Connection to a broad network of development institutions and actors.
Qualities They Look For
- Prior experience in the policy and development sector, policy analysis/research and formulation is preferred.
- Previous experience in and knowledge of data analysis is strongly preferred.
- Track record in taking initiatives and in successful leadership roles.
- Willing to travel and stay anywhere in Haryana as per the need of the program.
- Good analytical and writing skills are highly preferred.
What to Expect Once You Join the Fellowship?
- CMGGA will provide a platform for 25 young professionals to work on policy implementation, data analysis, and strengthen existing initiatives and make real-time impact by engaging with government stakeholders.
- At the beginning of your tenure, as an Associate, you will attend a 10-day long induction. This will impart a nuanced understanding of policy, governance and legislative processes and equip you with both hard and soft skills required to enable you to perform well during your time in the Fellowship.
- Refresher training on subjects related to policy, legislations and governance will also be organised throughout the year for your ongoing professional development. The cohort of 25 Associates will be instrumental in driving stories of change in Haryana, resulting in palpable and visible impact on ground.
- Each Associate will receive a remuneration of Rs. 50,000/- per month, subject to taxes, including reimbursement of Rs. 5000/- which will be given for communication (monthly bills of postpaid connection of mobile and internet dongle) and office expenses (printing, stationary etc.). In addition, travel expenses for field visits undertaken in the district will be reimbursed.
- Program management skills including monitoring and evaluation skills, data analysis and supervisory experience.
- Ability to establish and maintain strong working relationships with various stakeholders.
- High-caliber interpersonal communication (documentation and presentation skills), advocacy and negotiation skills and the ability to work collaboratively with teams.
- Ability to adapt to diverse educational and cultural contexts and maintain a high standard of personal conduct.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
How to Apply?
Interested applicants can apply for the programme through this link.
- All applications will be online and go live on 21st May, 2021.
- Application deadline: 7th June, 2021.
- Group Discussion: 3rd week of June 2021.
- Personal Interviews will be conducted in the 1st week of July 2021.
- Final Results will be announced by the end of July 2021.
Plot #2, Rajiv Gandhi Education City,
National Capital Region P. O. Rai,
Sonepat, Haryana 131 029 (India)
For more details, click the link below.
More such opportunities that you might be interested in: