About the organisation
The North-East of Chhattisgarh- Jashpur is surrounded by mountains and valleys, rich with dense forest and green flora-faunas. Jashpur has a rich historical culture, 91% of the population is rural whereas 9% belongs to the urban populace.
The district is famous and rich for its tribal inherent culture where 14608 are Pahadi Korvas, a primitive vulnerable tribal group adopted by the honourable President of India.
The District Administration Jashpur is introducing Jashpur District Internship Programme for students and professionals.
Nature of internship
PANCHAYAT AMBASSADOR INTERNSHIP PROGRAMME – (May 1st 2019 to July 1st 2019)
The Jashpur District Internship Program is an effort to mobilize and engage students/ professionals who are passionate on bringing positive change at the ground level.
The internship is open for students/ professionals. The students/ professionals will be working under the leadership and mentoring of the district administration of Jashpur, Chhattisgarh.
The programme aims at channelizing the potential of youth to strengthen the ground level systems and services of the Gram Panchayat. The youths will get exposure to various government departments, schemes, work which will teach them diverse things and make them a better person. The interns shall have to travel to remote areas.
- Public policy
- Skill development
The interns would be responsible for:
- Carrying out quantitative and qualitative surveys on important schemes.
- Capacity building and training PRIs.
- Engaging with the District Administration, CSOs and other development partners in the district.
- Documenting case studies.
- Timely and effective dissemination and communication of the outputs of the project.
- Organizing consultations, panel discussions, conferences or roundtables in the district.
- Supporting the project team in the documentation of project work.
Who can apply?
Candidates should have:
- Ability to adapt to living and working in field conditions at the Block/GP level.
- Proven passion and commitment to creating a positive social change.
- Ability to handle difficult situations and lead to strong personal integrity.
- Proficiency in Hindi.
Age between 18-30 years.
Currently Pursuing or completed a bachelor’s degree.
The interns will be paid a minimum monthly stipend as sustenance allowance including accommodation facility till the completion of internship tenure.
The interns will be awarded an experience certificate after successful completion of the internship and submission of the final report.
Duration of internship
May 1-July 1
Selected applicants will be stationed in Patthalgaon and Jashpur Block of Jashpur District for a period of two months.
The total internship vacancy is ten.
Application Procedure and important dates
UPDATE: Applications to this internship are now closed