Chevening is the UK government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders since 1983.
Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organizations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British Embassies and High Commissions throughout the world.
About the fellowship:
The Chevening Rolls-Royce Science and Innovation Leadership Fellowship (CRISP) is aimed at mid-career professionals with very high potential in the fields of science, innovation, and business from India and Sri Lanka.
The program is funded by the UK Foreign and Commonwealth Office and Rolls-Royce. Rolls-Royce is a leading UK-based global company, providing integrated power solutions for customers in civil and defense aerospace, marine, energy, and power markets.
The next fellowship will commence in April 2018. This ten-week fellowship is delivered at St. Cross College, University of Oxford.
What does this fellowship include?
- Full program fees
- Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
- Return economy flight from India or Sri Lanka to the UK
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for a Chevening CRISP Fellowship, you must:
- Be a citizen of India or Sri Lanka and currently live in the country. You must not hold British nationality.
- Have at least seven years’ work experience prior to applying.
- Have significant experience as:
- Executives of service companies, manufacturing businesses, or state-owned companies
- Entrepreneurs and individuals who serve and fund the entrepreneurial community
- Research scientists
- Academics and public sector employees
4. Have the demonstrable commitment to innovation, and the experience and aptitude to contribute to the program.
5. Have an excellent academic background in science, engineering or technology, or considerable experience of working in such fields and good working knowledge of English (to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor).
6. A postgraduate level qualification (or equivalent professional training or experience in a relevant area) at the time of application.
7. Agree to adhere to all relevant guidelines and expectations for the fellowship.
How to apply?
Applications for this fellowship are open between 7 August and 27 September 2017. Visit the India or Sri Lanka fellowships page to begin your application.
For further details, please visit the link given here