Chevening International Fellowships by UK Govt. [Leadership, Journalism, Finance, Cyber Security]: Apply by Oct 10
About the Organisation
Chevening is the UK Government’s international awards scheme aimed at developing global leaders. Funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations, Chevening offers two types of award – Chevening Scholarships and Chevening Fellowships – the recipients of which are personally selected by British embassies and high commissions throughout the world.
Chevening offers a unique opportunity for future leaders and influencers from all over the world to develop professionally and academically, network extensively, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
About the Fellowships
Chevening provides fellowships in the following areas:
- Research Science and Innovation Leadership Fellowship (CRISP)
- South Asia Journalism Fellowship
- Financial Services Fellowship
- Cyber Security Fellowship
Stream of Education
- The main academic strands of the CRISP Fellowship include science, innovation, leadership and management, as well as wider issues including global challenges, politics, and international relations.
- The curriculum of the South Asia Journalism Fellowship focuses on the ways in which the media are held responsible, and the wider context within which political institutions operate. The ethics of reporting are at the heart of all debates. Fellows will participate in eight intensive weeks of lectures, visits, and discussions that introduce them to key UK academics, media, and political figures in the field.
- The Financial Services Fellowship programme aims to build expertise in specialist skills such as risk management, actuarial sciences, investment management, and financial regulation which will increase the talent pool in the Indian market and provide a fillip to growth in the sector. Expose individuals to international financial markets and regulatory systems which will enhance openness and reduce resistance to change.
- The Cyber Security Fellowship will focus on cyber threats, including the threat landscape, threat and risk assessment, the implications for national security, and the relevance of internet governance structures; and the protection of critical national infrastructure. The economics of an online business, cybersecurity consumer awareness and consumer protection, technology adoption challenges, the relevance of open source, and effective technology adoption by consumers.
The basic necessity is that you should be a citizen of India and currently live in the country. You must not hold British nationality.
For further details regarding the eligibility of:
- CRISP Fellowship, click here.
- South Asia Journalism Fellowship, click here.
- Financial Services Fellowship, click here.
- Cyber Security Fellowship, click here.
How to Apply
You can apply for the aforementioned fellowships here.
You will have to apply by October 10, 2018.
For further queries, please contact the organisation by clicking here.
For further details, please visit the official website by clicking here.
About the Author
A techno geek with a flair for writing. I prefer the keyboard to a pen. A foodie with a humongous appetite for Harry Potter. Used to be an avid reader of fiction but then Law happened. Let's see where it goes..